cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP SD ATP: Identify the source of Confirmation of the order item

0 Kudos

Dear experts,

Is there any possibility to find if an order item is confirmed based on stock or ASN or PO?

Ex:

For Material M1:

Stock on Hand                      = 5 EA

Stock that comes from ASN = 5 EA

Order 1 Item 1 (M1):

Ordered quantity                   = 5 EA

Confirmed quantity                = 5 EA

Order 2 Item 1 (M1):

Ordered quantity                   = 5 EA

Confirmed quantity                = 5 EA

Which order is confirmed based on stock on hand or stock that comes from ASN? If there is a possibility to find, how?

Thank you!

Best regards

Sasi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sasidhar,

That's easy.  No, there is no way, because SAP MTS confirmations do not confirm based upon stock or ASN or PO.  They confirm based upon the calculated ATP quantity at the time the confirmation was created.  Calculated ATP quantity in turn is based upon ALL configured supply elements and ALL configured demand elements, using SAP's ATP algorithms.

In your example above, in addition to what you have displayed, you would need to know the dates of all objects, and you would need to know the dates that each of the ATP checks were executed.  From this data you could INFER which objects were used for which confirmations.

I hear this question often.  The simple answer is that there is no 'pegging' (linkage between supply and demand elements) during SAP's ATP.

If you know the exact situation prior to ATP check, you can accurately predict what will be the outcome.  However, once the confirmation is created, there is no way via the confirmation itself to determine what the ATP situation was at the time of the check.

Best Regards,

DB49

0 Kudos

Thanks DB49!!

I will further discuss with my colleagues with the inputs you gave. We have a problem in dealing with order lines confirmed against ASN and the ASN never arrives phisically.

Best regards

Sasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sasidhar,

If this is a substantial problem, it is possible to configure an availability check so as to ignore ASNs.

OVZ9 > select the appropriate ATP check and checking rule, deselect "Incl. Ship.Notificat."

Any ATP configuration changes should be done only when the impact is fully known.  Substantial testing under all known business scenarios is recommended before moving such changes into production.

Best Regards,

DB49

0 Kudos

DB49,

We used to do the ATP Check against only Stock. Now, we are enhancing the ATP logic to include ASNs.

Thank you!

Best regards

Sasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sasi,

I am afraid that I have no SAP magic that will transform an unreliable ASN into stock on hand .

If the unreliable ASNs can be traced to a few vendors, you do have the option of excluding only their ASNs from being entered into the PO in the the first place.  However, I speculate that for such vendors, their PO dates are probably not any better.

Best Regards,

DB49

Answers (0)