cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

commitment issue while making contract in purchasing cycle

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

We have an issue in commitment with budget.

prerequisites :

1- I have activated commitment management in controlling Area.

2- making statistical cost element for  GL accounts of the inventory.

3- making budget profile to control actual postings with apportioned network to control also planned values from project.

Cycle 1 :

Budget = 10000.

PR = 10000 then PO = 10000 :    the commitment = 10000 and I have no problem to post PO document. as the PO controlling document Making controlling document of PR = 0.

Cycle 2 that have the problem :

Budget = 10000.

PR = 10000 then contract with reference to PR the PO for the contract of 10000

Error while posting PO document as the budget exceeded by 10000.

after checking the cycle PR controlling document still exist and not = 0  debit WBS element with 10000. so the system can't post PO document which makes the commitment now double.
after deactivating the availability control and post the PO document i found that the commitment = 20000 (10000 for PR and 10000 for PO) and budget =10000 and by checking the PR i have found that the ordered quantity = 0 and i can make another PO for this PR.

Any Idea about how to solve this problem,

Thanks in advance,

Ahmed Ghareeb.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

As you are referencing Contract to the PO it is not offsetting the PR commitments.

You need to refer to the PR Commitment to make it null.

This is standard behaviour of the system.

the process you should follow is Create Contract first, then link with PR and then refer this PR to PO.

Regards

Sammar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sammar,

Thanks for you reply but

I our case we are using project systems module to issue all the purchasing requisitions

after that the customer maintain the contract as per the purchase requisitions and then issue purchase orders from this contract.

I have a solution to put the PR number in the PO which created with reference to the contract and the problem solved by this but its a manual action is there any solution to make the system put the PR number automatically in the PO which issued from the contract ??

Regards,

Ahmed Ghareeb

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

I think in this case you need to develop a small program to offset the PR commitments once the Contract is signed and a PO is raised.. or a user can manually change the PR value to nil.. once PO is raised..

I am not sure how this can be achieved in standard SAP. Maybe you can check with your MM counterparts for more suggestions.. as in changing PR to add the contract details or not checking for PR commitments by changing settings in CO.

Regards

Sammar

Answers (0)