Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between MDM and SRM-MDM catalog

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear MDM experts,

I have some questions about MDM:

Q1:

What are the main differencies between 'MDM' and 'MDM catalog'?

I use MDM catalog, and I see that

- there is not Publications Menu in the Data Manager between Attributes and Configuration

- there isn't MDM Syndicator

-

Q2:

Is MDM Catalog included in SRM license?

thanks,

A

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi A,

Let me explain the purpose of SRM MDM Catalog before I clear your doubt.

Catalog data are nothing but product data which need to be accessed by SRM system during say procurement process.

MDM system maintains the product catalog data. SAP delivers Webdynpro content to publish catalog data as web catalog. SRM system makes use of this web catalog to select the products.

So after deploying the webdynpro content and configure the SRM system, you will see the product data published as webcatalog.

Data manager is mainly used for enrichment and mask creation.

Let me know if you have any doubts.

Thanks,

Arun prabhu S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want user to be restricted to certain records when shiopping using SRM-MDM catalog.I have craeted a Mask in Data Manager and have added all the records that specific user should be able to see.

How di I assign this to my SRM user so that he can SHOP for only those records specified in the Mask.

Thanks

Regards

Pritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pritesh,

You can add the 'mask' parameter & value in the web service definition of the IMG configuration of SRM MDM Catalog. This parameter will be passed to the SRM MDM Catalog and the records will be limited as per the defined Mask.

Similiar 'namedsearch' parameter and value can also be send, this will limit the records in MDM as per the name search defined similar to Mask.

Regards,

Paritosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Other option is to have a master and slave catalog...

NGayake
Explorer
0 Kudos

I believe you can do that by creating a security role that will allow access to specific mask.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

All the product data including images, hierarch details are maintained in SAP MDM. This product data will be published as product catalog where the SRM system process (Eg EBP) make use of this product catalog to select product.

The SRM MDM package doesn’t contain Syndicator because we are not going to export the product catalog data to SRM. The product data will be published using Webdynpro content delivered along with the SRM MDM package.

About License:

In SRM MDM Catalog, MDM system is used only for catalog data management. You need to have separate MDM Server for this purpose. So I guess there should be a separate license for SRM MDM Catalog.

Hope this clears your doubts...

Thanks,

Arun prabhu S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

thanks for your response! Could you tell me, how can I publish catalogs? I wrote that we don't have any Publications Menu in the Data Manager.

Thank,

Á