cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change from monthly consolidation to quaterly consol?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Currently, my system (BPC 10.0 Version NW) was configured to do monthly consolidation (that was what consultant said) but we would like to change from Monthly to Quarterly for business reason.

YTD was applied to model and there are a lot of "Periodic Calc." implemented in business rule - consolidation and adjustments.

What should I do?

Thank you and Best Regards,

SK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member225135
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sittipume,

With the "Periodic Calc" tick in currency translation, you will not be able to run Quaterly Consolidation since this tick looks at the last period's data and perform currency translation for the current month.

The only way I can think is to remove the periodic calc tick and do Quarterly consolidation. Removing this tick, you have to analyse the impact of currency translation

Regards,

Rahul

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul and Arnold

Thanks for very helpful answer. This help me a lot for further investigation.

Best Regards,

Sittipume

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sittipume,

Without knowing exactly where the "periodic calc" options are set it is difficult to really answer your question. With those options selected, BPC will calculate the periodic movement by subtracting the prior month data from the current month data and then performing a calculation (like FX conversion) on the result.

In other words, if you only enter data in March, June, September and December, the system will basically treat those YTD values as periodic values as there are no values for the prior months. So this might actually work, but only if you do not enter any data in the other months.

BR,

Arnold