cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selective deletion or delete overlapping with ADSOs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all.

I like to delete overlapping requests with ADSO like it could be done with InfoCubes before. This is the case because a third party source system could delete rows without store this somewhere. So I like to load e.g. the last year again to get the rows deleted. Data before is not changed any more.

So my questions I need some help with are:

• how to start a selective deletion by process chains with ADSOs to delete e.g. a year before loading it again. (could not be done with delete facts program)
  • how overlapping data could be deleted with a different approach  

Many thanks

Nils

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nobody done this yet?

The program for selective deletion runs into an exception so I created a call. We will see, but any hints are still welcome.

michael_simon4
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nils,

we are currently migrating to HANA/BW 7.40 and also had the requirement for deletion of overlapping requests in ADSOs.

The information from our SAP consultants was, that it is currently not possible to use the "deletion of overlapping requests" function for ADSOs.

Best regards,

Michael

former_member189845
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nils,

Can you please check the below thread,

Might be help full for you

Thx,

siva

michael_simon4
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

thank you for the link. The reason why we use currently the deletion of overlapping request feature is the following scenario:

We daily load the orders on hand (for different timezones) as a full load. Currently we load into the Cube and when the load is finished, we delete the old request. So the time the users have no data available is minimal.

Without this option I have to delete the ADSO and afterwards load the data anew. So the users do not have data as long as the data load lasts (and we have a lot of data...). And because we do this for 3 timezones this happens 3 times a day for our users.

If I understand the answers posted in your link correctly neither a solution for my scenario nor for the scenario of Nils is described.

Best regards,

Michael