cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW 7.5 new features without HANA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, all

We are thinking of upgrading our BW 7.3.1 to 7.5. I don't think our shop will go to Hana soon, we will be stuck with Oracle for a while. Is there any link for new features for BW 7.5 NON-HANA? So far I only saw new feature documentation for BW on Hana. I guess SAP don't pay attention to poor customers anymore.

Thanks,

Jonathan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

cjfaurie_1616
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I've come across SAP Note 2499041 - Does SAP BW 7.5 only support SAP HANA?

SAP BW 7.5 is an open DB Product released for below databases:

• DB2 FOR Z/OS
  • DB2 FOR LUW
  • DB2/400
  • MAXDB
  • MS SQL SERVER
  • ORACLE
  • SAP ASE FOR BUSINESS SUITE
  • SAP HANA DATABASE

No response required.

Thanks

N Faurie

cjfaurie_1616
Participant
0 Kudos

Good day All,

I see this is an old discussion but our Client insists that we upgrade their BW system from 7.3 SP12 to 7.5 SP17 or higher and they do not want to use Hana as the database. Is this possible to upgrade and not use Hana in any way?

Thaks

N Faurie

soundra_vel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

Please refer to the below link. SAP has given what is new features added and enhanced features to existing.

What's New in SAP NetWeaver 7.5 (Release Notes) - SAP Library

New features like Exception Aggregation of Simple Linear Regression, Exception Aggregation of Median and Aggregation IF Operator are also available on BW 7.5 on any DB. And there are so many features that is available only in SAP BW 7.5 on HANA (SAP BW, edition for HANA), where HANA specific feature tagged with name SAP HANA or BW modelling tools.

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

Most benefits will come with a combined database migration to SAP HANA. Next to the performance gains, there comes a lot new stuff like Eclipse-based modeling tools and new InfoProvider types.

However, there are also few improvements for any other database than SAP HANA. E.g. XXL attributes, very long texts and extended characteristic values.

Last but not least, from a maintenance and support point-of-view you have to upgrade once in a while. The end of Mainstream Maintenance is end of 2022.

Best regards,

Sander

BenedictV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

All the documents that I have come across for 7.5 mention only HANA. No where is it explicitly mentioned that BW 7.5 is HANA only, but still I think it is safe to assume that BW 7.5 on HANA is the  'only' and right way to go.