cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agentry - remove arrow on List Tile View

former_member231132
Participant
0 Kudos

I have a List Tile View on a detail screen.  This LTV has a single click action.  The action implements a silent transaction that toggles a checkbox displayed in the row.  In iOS an arrow is displayed on the right hand side of each row.  I'm guessing the arrow is put there to indicate that you'll be taken to a transaction screen to update the row's information when you tap it.  However in this case the transaction is silent, so I don't need the arrow and don't want it to be displayed.  Does anyone know how to remove it?

Thanks

Tim

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When a Single Click Action is used the Arrow is shown by default by the client.  There is no current way to disable it.  You can talk to your SAP Account Rep to put in a Feature Request so you have the option to not show the Arrow.

former_member231132
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info.

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you are right on this part -> "In iOS an arrow is displayed on the right hand side of each row.  I'm guessing the arrow is put there to indicate that you'll be taken to a transaction screen to update the row's information when you tap it.  "

Just to add to Steve statement on talking to your SAP account rep or Account Executive (AE).  There is a process where the SAP AE will take your business case + your feature request document and justify to SAP why it is important.  This is all done online in SAP. At this point in time and due to it is a feature request, you can be descriptive (i.e. add lots of pictures) in your document so the dev team can see its value. 

Ideally put the following:

• Business Case
  • User Case - how you expect the user can use it (you can add as much details here with pictures)
  • Benefits
  • Issue if it is not created (or why it will be beneficial to all)

Please note that your request above is Not considered an SAP OSS incident (Or a bug) in SAP support.  It is considered a Feature Request and the discussion should be with your SAP AE.

Regards,

Mark Pe
SAP Platinum Support Engineer

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Tim,

Do you have an edit transaction defined for that tile as well?  I have a tile list with a single click action where I don't get the chevron displayed.  I think the chevon is related to the edit action more than the single client action.

--Bill

former_member231132
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes I do have an edit transaction behind the list tile view (the single click action's first action step is a transaction action step that implements the edit transaction to toggle the checkbox).  However, I don't see anything to modify in the edit transaction that would take away the chevron.  Here is the definition of the edit transaction:

Thanks

Tim

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Sorry, not in the edit transaction for the single click action but the edit action for the List Tile View Settings under Edit Actions / Tiles.  Make sure there is not a transaction specified.

--Bill

former_member231132
Participant
0 Kudos

No I don't have a transaction defined under Edit Actions/Tiles, I only have one defined for the single click action.  Does your single click action implement a transaction?

Thanks

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Yes, mine is actually a rule that conditionally enables the single click action.

--Bill

former_member231132
Participant
0 Kudos

Maybe the rule is the difference.  Where do you have the rule defined that enables the single click action?  I don't see a way to do that on the Settings tab.

Thanks

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

My single click action on the settings tab has an enable rule associated to it that selectively enables the single click action.

--Bill

former_member231132
Participant
0 Kudos

Bill, 

Since there isn't a way to set an Enable rule for the single click action on the LTV's Settings tab, I tried going to the action's definition and using an Enable Rule (I set the rule to always returns true), however doing this didn't remove the chevron from the LTV.

I'm only seeing the chevron on iOS platforms, not Windows platforms.  Are you using a platform other than iOS?

Thanks