Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A weird error is coming in periodic cost planning screen

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

While doing cost planning in t-code CJR2 through PPM portal we are getting following error:

Could you please suggest a workaround to fix it?

Best Regards

Saurabh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

judith_gabriel
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Saurabh,

take a look into Note 2165268 and 2195859.

Best regards,

Judith

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Judith,

Both the SAP notes given by you are not applicable in our current system as they are limited to kernel 7.42 SP level 116 and 220 only respectively and we are on Kernel 7.42 SP level 300.

Best Regards

Saurabh

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Judith,

SAP suggested us to upgrade our kernel and PL which we did but it dint help us in addressing this issue, the bug is still coming.

Could you please suggest something to us?

Best Regards

Saurabh

francesco_pezzoli
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Saurabh,

The issue is actually completely unrelated to PPM, so this forum is not the best place to get support for this question (when you use CJR2 in your portal frontend you are using an ERP transaction via SAPGUI for HTML, this has nothing to do with PPM application). However I could see incidents which were processed by my colleagues in BC-FES-ITS component, and they did recommend to upgrade to the latest kernel patches in order to solve the issue (even for customer whose kernel level was much more recent than that mentioned in note 2195859).

E.g. I quote from a recent incident:

Please upgrade the kernel of your system.

First apply SAPEXE/SAPEXEDB patch level 300, then the latest disp+work package available in the SAP Service Marketplace.

There are several backend error messages that were solved in the latest kernel patches.

Best regards
Francesco

hanspeterbaier
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

I can confirm Francesco's remarks for this issue. It may be associated to kernel issues of 7.42 or configuration of your portal connectors to ERP and not per se to PPM. Please try kernel patch 329, it is quite stable in an portal environment.

br,

Peter

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Francesco,

Thank you very much for your response.

Actually, SAP released patch level 400 on 29th April and we applied that too in our system with latest kernel 7.42 and still we are getting this issue.

Do you want us to go back to patch level 300 with latest disp+work package?

Best Regards

Saurabh

hanspeterbaier
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

I've seen that there are several issues with patch level 400 concerning SAP GUI for HTML - but I couldn't find out if it fits your situation.

Two days ago SAP released PL 410; see here http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2098894

You can try this PL, if it solves your issue.

Another link covers regressions found in PL 410 http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2316115

At the moment there are no regressions but this note will be updated in the future until a new PL is released.

br,

Peter

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

SAP was able to reproduce this issue in our Dev portal and they have forwarded this issue to their Development team subsequently.

Best Regards

Saurabh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Received response from SAP:

It was found that area of error is ALV Gridview Control in SAP GUI

for HTML. The issue here is that sometimes the Focus/CellSelect event

of the table is not correctly processed.

It is now forwarded to Unified rendering team which are responsible for this control.

Meanwhile,could you please provide some pointers to this issue now.

Best Regards

Saurabh

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Any pointers on this Experts?

BR
Saurabh

Shubham1
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi

can you share SU53 screenshot of the same.

Also , just ask an ABAPer to debug it and check once.

Shubham

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shubham,

There is no SU53 dumpw for it.

When we tried to debug it , it is not going into program when we set breakpoint.

So , it looks like an issue from portal side only.

Thanks.