cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP Sender CC Issue FTPEx: 550 Unexpected reply codeFailed to change directory.

VIJENDRAN
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are facing a strange issue in SAP PI 7.1. Our scenario is FTP-->PI-->JMS.

We are changing the FTP folder details and Server details alone in the above scenario as the FTP server is being migrated.

Everything worked well till UAT. During Prod change we are facing the below issue in FTP Sender Polling.

Error : An error occurred while connecting to the FTP server '******'. The FTP server returned the following error message: 'com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 550 Unexpected reply codeFailed to change directory.'. For details, contact your FTP server vendor.

We checked the firewall -- It is open. We checked the FTP credentials -- It is working from PI Server, without any issues we can login to the folder with the given credentials. But, when I tried to configure it in ID communication channel, Sender CC is throwing the above error.

Kindly help me out in this case. I searched other SCN discussions and no resolution yet. Please help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

VIJENDRAN
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Issue is resolved now.

For the provided user ID, the user had access not to traverse back as Only forward traversing was allowed initially. This was the reason PI was throwing the above error.

After FTP team provided a new user name and password with necessary privileges, we have just given */* in the source directory instead of the full path /FTP/*****/****/******/********/*****_*** PI sender CC started Polling the files from the folder.

Many thanks for all your replies.

Cheers,

Vijendran S

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vijendran,

Instited on the same point,Check for the roles and access.

Close the thread.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vijendran,

When you say it is working manually when try to login, how is this being done?

The FTP Adapter in PI,

- First connects to the Home directory that is mapped to your user by the FTP Server Admin

- Subsequently once the login goes through a Change Directory command is executed.

From your errors, looks like the Change Directory Command is failing as the FTP Admin has not provided these to your user.

On Dev / QA are you connecting to same server / user? Please check with the FTP Admin if there is a different set of roles between Dev/QA and Prod?

Regards

Bhavesh

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vijendram

Guess your folder path is configured wrongly in the channel.

It should be something like below

C:\.hermes\messages

VIJENDRAN
Explorer
0 Kudos

Many thanks for the response.

I tried the options given in the above mentioned blogs as well. Still the same error.

Created a new channel also. Same error persisting.

Thanks!

BR

Vijendran S

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vijendran,

Then the possibility could be because of missing authorisations to pick the file.

The user ID in the channel will be having lack of authorisation to pick the file.

550 Permission Denied (or No such file or folder) (CuteFTP, Error 550)

VIJENDRAN
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu.

Thanks again for responding.

User configured has 777 access. i.e. read write and execute permissions for that user.

Main issue I'm facing is my PI admin can login to that folder in server with the given credentials.

PI CC is throwing the above error. 😞

BR

Vijendran S

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijendran,

Make sure there is no spaces in the source directory names, may be there is space at the end, if you have delete and test again, can you paste the source directory screen shot here?

Regards,

Praveen.

VIJENDRAN
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Pravin,

Thanks for the response.

I've made sure that there is no spaces in directory end or start. Also, I've checked the credentials for spaces.

To add, I've changed t / to \ and vice versa. Nothing worked so far.

BR

Vijendran Subbarao

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vijendran,

Check the admin can download the file or just viewing the files?The file also should the same access.

Ensure no locks as well.

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijendran,

• Run XPI Inspector using example 50 (XI Channel) and give your sender channel and stop and start the channel.
  • In the result search for your directory, the adapter will send the command like below, my case the command was successful, your case i think it will throw an error and you will get the more information why it is failed.

First make sure the directory which you are using in the channel is right? you can connect to FTP server via FileZilla and go into the directory and copy and paste the source directory from FileZilla.

If you cant connect via file zilla then when you connect to FTP in PI server, when you are in the folder just type command pwd then copy and paste the source directory.

Regards,

Praveen.