cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request mapping fields needed at response mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

we have a requirement in a synchronous SOAP to RFC scenario to store some source fields and use them in response mapping as the RFC structure does not have these fields and they are mandatory fields in web service.

I have tried to use ASMA to store values but not able to retrieve them in response as they are missing.

can anyone please confirm if these parameters can be stored and retrieved from dynamic header of response message?

I am following this blog:

Usage of dynamic configuration in synchronous scenarios by Praveen Gujjeti

But I am not using BPM.

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Navneet.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Navneet,

Check Stefan's blog . As described there, you can fulfil your requirement with the help of adapter module DynamicConfigurationBean in a receiver communication channel, that will store required message attribute from a request message and retrieve / make it available in a response message.

You may also want to check an alternative option of using adapter modules GetPayloadValueBean and PutPayloadValueBean as described in Beena's blog . Beena provides a demo with RFC receiver, so shall be matching your requirement and shall be applicable for you, too. But, as highlighted by Stefan in his blog, usage of GetPayloadValueBean and PutPayloadValueBean is not applicable for all adapter types due to specifics of adapter realization.

Regards,

Vadim

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Praveen and Vadim for your reply, I am able to use the feature explained in Stefan's blog.

but I have a query, could you please check the comment in the blog??

I have posted my query there

Thanks

Navneet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This has been resolved.

Solution: I just wrote the UDF to put and get the values in dynamic header in req and res mapping respectively. you don't need to use any beans in case of RFC adapter.

Thanks guys for your help.

Regards,

Navneet.

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Navneet,

Adding to vadim's reply

GetPayloadValueBean and PutPayloadValueBean are going to work if the fields which you want to store is exist in RFC request payload then only you can get the values from the payload and store them in the module context and read them back from the module context and put them in the payload.

If you have these fields in the web service request payload but not in the RFC request payload then using DynamicConfigurationBean as per above mentioned blog.

Regards,

Praveen.