Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA minimal requirements

former_member184588
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I read the following post which says you only need little hardware for installing HANA for pure sandbox mode.

http://scn.sap.com/community/developer-center/hana/blog/2013/05/08/how-to-install-the-hana-server-so...

However, I'd like to install an IDES system so there's some data for the developers to work with.

Now I read  2171852 - IDES ERP 6.0 incl. EHP7 on HANA which says I need at least 512GB RAM.

Questions:

1. Can I install HANA IDES on hardware/vmware with less than the recommended specification from note 2171852?
  2. Is it startable / will I see a SAP Logon Screen?
  3. What is the bare minimum hardware requirement to make 1. and 2. work, if I don't actually need "the HANA experience"

Regards, Vanessa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182967
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vanessa,

If you want to install a total empty HANA box, in my view, you need minimum around 24GB memory.

However, if you want to install IDES on HANA, you should better to following the instructions mentioned in note 2171852. Or you may see error during import or during normal operation.

Regards,

Ning Tong

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member187565
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vanessa,

From the above mentioned description, what my understanding is that the link which you shared is talking about HANA database software installation only on VMware. Whereas the SAPNote 2171852, is talking about IDES ERP 6.0 incl. EHP7 on HANA.

That means to say that the link is for HANA database software installation only and SAPnote is for whole ERP application on HANA database installation.

Regards,

Rafikul Hussain

former_member184588
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi and thanks for your answers. I will give it a try as soon as possible. Regards, Vanessa