cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is "Actual Capacity" in capacity planning view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello friends,

With Capacity planning on Item level, when customising the views, we have two entries :

- Planned Capacity

- Actual Capacity

My question is about the signification of "Actual Capacity". Does it mean the Actual hours (booked via CATS or via PPM confirmation) or is it just the Actual Effort (capacity assigned to ressources on project level )??

Thank you very much.

Dali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dali

Under Base System Interfaces -> Capacity Settings -> Define Capacity Planning Settings you define the mapping to your relevant capacity views and can associate your capacity view to cost elements and/or role functions (cProj)

The 'Amount Type' field you referring to is a standard classification used by SAP. Setting this field as 'Actual Capacity' will result in the value being displayed on your Item Capacity Information screen in the Item if I remember correctly :

You still however need to set the 'Item process' value as 'integrated' and perform the mapping as mentioned in the first paragraph in order for the roll-up to work.

Regards

C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answers.

My purpose is to collect actual hours from ECC to the Item (booked on WBS with CATS).

I need a dedicated capacity view to display those actual hours on the Item capacity PLANNING screen.

When looking to create this view under "independant setting > Define fianncial and capacity views", in the "Amount Type" field i have a choice between :

- "Plan Capacity"

- "Actual Capacity" (actual CAPACITY and not actual WORK ou actual HOURS)

So i am not sure that the entry "Actual Capacity" is ok for collecting actual hours !

In SAP PPM help, we can read "... You map operational resource demand to the strategic capacity ...". That's why I thought that :

- Plan capacity = strategic one, maintained at Item level

- Actual Capacity = operational resource demand, rolled up PPM project resources and roles

So what is the standard way to get on Item actual hours booked on WBS (item is linked to the WBS) ?

Regards,

Dali

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Dali,

It is the actual hours booked against the task..

Regards

Sammar