cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set stopmark in sapinst ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we need to pause the execution of sapinst on a specific position...

Is it possible to set something like a stop-mark in a file or similiar to force a pause ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Christoph,

For the very old products that use R3setup, it was a special procedure editing the .R3S files.

But for sapinst, there is  a procedure (not officially supported by SAP) using  a command line parameter to activate the so-called "Step Browser". I believe I'm not allowed to described technical details here. The source of this information is the SAP training TADM70. The usage is on your own risk!

Another way is edit the control file keydb.xml  where exist for each step one field to control their execution. But you need to know/discover the step you need. Normally this is done/discovered when it is needed to skip a step. Refer to 1805234 - How to skip an step of a installation procedure

But the more important question is: Why you need to stop sapinst execution? If you can explain this perhaps we can help you better...

Best regards,

Carlos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

thank you for your answer.

We run a unicode-conversion, and for the Import we must increase the transaction-log of the DB2-Database.

Otherwise the Import crashes because of the small Default-values regarding that.

The idea was to stop the sapinst at the right Point, increase the transaction-log and continue.

Kind regards

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found the solution described from you regarding TADM70 and it will help us to solve the problem...

Answers (0)