cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reset SUM SP14 for a JAVA Only System

Former Member

Hi Experts,

I was trying from OS level to reset SUM SP14 launched for my SAP NW Portal System. (as from SUM tool am unable to reset)

Only thing I could find is to run SUM/abap/bin/SAPup reset prepare..

But this asks for DDIC password on 000 client !!! As mine is JAVA only do we have any different procedure to reset SUM ?

I don't see any procedure mentioned in SUM Guide for resetting from OS level.

Please help.. Thanks in Advance !!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Srikanth,

In which phase is your SUM tool.

From which version are you upgrading the system.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

You can follow the below steps as per the SUM guide

To reset the update procedure before the beginning of the downtime, choose either Back or Reset.

This depends on the module that the update procedure is currently going through. The update procedure

consists of modules that can be reset and of modules that you cannot reset directly. Whenever you are inside

1.  resettable module, the Software Update Manager offers you a Reset option. If not, choose Back repeatedly until you are in a resettable module and the Reset option appears. If the update procedure has not progressed far and you choose Back repeatedly, the Welcome dialog may appear.

2. When the Welcome dialog appears, the system has completely been reverted to its state before the update procedure was started. You can now start the update procedure again. However, we strongly recommend that you delete the current SUM directory and use a newly unpacked SUM instance to do so.

https://websmp108.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000382792013E

chek the point 5.5. In every version it is the same method

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh,

It just entered the execution phase, in the initial stage only it has thrown a authorization error when executing some OS commands due which it is unable to synchronize/update the bootstrap.

Also system is up and running and fully functional. We have also got resolution for the exact issue in the below SCN wiki according to which it needs a reset of SUM and starting it again. I understand that once we are in execution phase to revert we may have to restore it from the backup, but just want to check if we extract SUM again and see if it works.

https://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SL/Could+not+update+bootstrap+OSExecute+error+in+step+UPDATE-E...

We are planning to upgrade from 7.3 to 7.4.

Regards,

Srikanth

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

There is a way of doing this. You dont have to reset the upgrade.

Can you please paste the error.

Follow the below thread

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh,

Here is the error message :

Regards,

Sri

former_member185239
Active Contributor