cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assertion failed: Unable to setup the password encryption for database connects

0 Kudos

Hello All,

i am installing IDES ECC 6.0 Ehp7 system through SWPM tool. Currently i am in the phase " Configure database components" i got the error "Assertion failed: Unable to setup the password encryption for database connects". i have checked the logs its the same error. Kindly please help me resolve this issue. I didn't find any sap relevant note for this issue. i am attaching the sapinst_dev log.

Regards,

Aamir

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

crisnormand
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

In your sapinst_dev,  we can read:

TRACE      2016-04-15 09:57:41.048 (SIDF\ERPAdmin)

syb_isql_pipe: The current 'max memory' value '2621440', is not sufficient to change the parameter 'net password encryption reqd' to '1'. 'max memory' should be greater than 'total logical memory' '2624261' required for the configuration.

Hence, the assertion failed error message "Unable to setup the password encryption for database connects".

You will have to increase your max memory size.

HTH

Cris

crisnormand
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Additionally, you may want to consult PDF Best_practices-SAP_ASE attached to SAP Note 1680803 - SYB: SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise - Best Practice for SAP Business Suite and SAP BW .

In ASE Sizing section, we provide examples of system sizes and recommended ASE configurations for SAP Business Suite.

Regards,

Cris

0 Kudos

Hello Maria,

You are a lifesaver . I didnt noticed that error. Thank you.

Could you please let me know which parameter should be changed and how can i change that. i am new to Sybase DB.

Regards,

Aamir

Answers (0)