cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Purchase Requisitions

0 Kudos

Good day,

I have a situation where my users create purchase requisitions without referencing an outline agreement or a RFQ.

How can I configure the system to force the users to refer to either an outline agreement OR an RFQ.  One or the other and not both.

In other words, I don't want to configure the system to make these two fields mandatory, because if the populate one field, they still have to refer to the other as well.  They have to have a choice to select one of them

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183529
Participant
0 Kudos

good morning   .Don't you think it would be best if you reference your PR to create. your RFQ and outline agreement ....for me that is best practices

0 Kudos

Hi,

That would be best practice, but if we create contracts, it would be available for multiple PR’s and RFQ’s on a monthly basis.  We can do that though for one-time vendors, but not for vendors with long-term contracts. So I think it wise to configure the outline agreement field in the PR as a mandatory field and have the RFQ referenced in the contract.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member210560
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Anita,

You can utilize Badi ME_PROCESS_REQ_CUST to write your logic.

With this Badi you can use method process_item and method fieldselection_item_refkeys

to customized your field based on your specific business requirement.

Best Regards,

ian Wong LF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anita,

Create two Z document types and make OA as mandatory field in one document and the same case with RFQ.

You can try above approach if you are OK.

Regards

Sesha

former_member197616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, Normally user departments creates Requisitions per their requirement of the materials and Procurement will go for the RFQ if there is no established vendor for that material and if a proper vendor is found out through the RFQ process , will go for the Outline aggrement and once this OA os fixed , PO will be created based upon the OA aggreed upon for the vendor . However a PR can be created with RFQ and OA can be added to the source of supply tab . This can be achieved in two ways . making the fields mandatory . In your case you told you want either or . Hence you can plan for an enhancement for the PR screen so that system can give warning or error message either to enter the OA or the RFQ . Regards,

0 Kudos

Hi,

I also thought about enhancing the outline agreement field to be a mandatory field and have the RFQ added as an attachment.  I will provide these two options to the stakeholder for final decision.

I do appreciate your help