cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too long Waiting (TTFB) SAPUI5 Application resources and WerbService requests

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I was hoping someone could shed some light on why I see such long wait times when my UI5 application loads or calls OData WebServices. Below are 2 pics I took with ChromeDev and IEDev Tools of a WebService with expand (GET_EXPANDED_ENTITYSET).

There are also other resources ($metadata, view.js/controller.js files, multiple library-preload.json calls etc) and they also have like 90% wait time although the size is marginal like 5-100KB.

I look at multiple resources on OData and Gateway performance. I applied expand and batch on the gateway size. The OData suggestions like using top, select, etc I also applied where was necessary.

Hopefully someone can explain what is causing this much Waiting (TTFB) time.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185414
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you run trace as suggested here

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_gateway20sp10/helpdata/en/9d/da3a2ceca344cf85568ae927e9858d/frameset.htm

and tell us the root cause of delay.

BR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is from running T-Code /IWBEP/TRACES

And this is from running T-Code /IWFND/TRACES

Anything interesting here?

former_member185414
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

The trace time is pretty usual and within the performance guidelines.

Generally the load of app should be as fast as possible and basic scenarios should load in approx 1 sec. This can be split as 300 ms for one way data transport, 100-200 ms for rendering and 500 ms for backend OData calls.

If you still want to optimize please share code and we can have a look.

BR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What code would be helpful? If the trace seems to be OK then what else might produce such a long wait time?

former_member185414
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes the trace seems ok to me but there can be scope of improvement based on underlying coding done in backend/UI.