Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object Directory Entry while capturing Transformation in Task/Request

yashcp
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When I activate the TRFN it got captured in the Object directory Entry, and it failed Showing the error message the DTP cannot be activated.

Can that be the possible reason the Object directory entry does not work. It has to be TRFN only?

Regards,

Yash

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

karthik_vasudevan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yash

The point about having transformation under object direct entry or under transformation doesnt matter for your error message.

Your error shows that the DTP is inactive. So check what is the status of the DTP.

Please post the detailed error screenshot. Transformation is not a problem in my view. We will come to know in the error message. Check it in detail, you will get the technical name of the DTP/object which got failed. Then we can analyse further

Regards

Karthik

yashcp
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

thank you for the reply.

Please find the error message:

Start of the after-import method RS_DTPA_AFTER_IMPORT for object type(s) DTPA ( )

Transformation 0GNCZZRSY63E24MBHGMSK3DVALIMHUYM inactive; action cannot be executed

Transformation 0GNCZZRSY63E24MBHGMSK3DVALIMHUYM inactive; action cannot be executed

Error while saving Data Transfer Process DTP_006NZIOXVG7HAHNN1J3QXXGPY

End of after import methode RS_DTPA_AFTER_IMPORT (Activation mode) - runtime: 00:00:05

Starting after import method RS_DTPA_AFTER_IMPORT for object type(s) DTPA in delete mode

Starting after import method RS_TRFN_AFTER_IMPORT for object type(s) TRFN in delete mode

Summary of objects with errors from request BD1K901863

Errors occurred during post-handling RS_AFTER_IMPORT for DTPA L

The errors affect the following components:

BW-WHM-MTD (Metadata (Repository))

Post-import methods of change/transport request BD1K901863 completed

Start of subsequent processing ... 20160408041749

karthik_vasudevan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The error shows that the transformation is inactive. Have you checked that in development system? Is it active without any errors?

There will be an expand button for each line in your error message which will give some additional information on the objects. Could you please check that as well.

If this doesn't help, then capture the failed transformation and the dependent objects in another TR and transport the same.

The reason for the failure should be different and its not about object direct entry or transformation because logically, both refers to the same object.

Regards

Karthik

yashcp
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kartik,

I checked and re-collected again the same TRFN, and I noticed that BW formula was not captured

which is captured now.

thank you for the help.

Regards,

Yash

former_member189845
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Yash,

Good to know about the cause of problem, and as I experienced it always good to do a version comparison with the target system ( system do you need to transport )

Thanks.

Siva

yashcp
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Yes, but I am not sure how does it capture in Object directory entry . I activated it and then it moved to object directory entry.