cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LOC with old customers who are overdue credit limit.

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear SD Experts,

I have implemented LOC.

For one sales document type I removed credit check option in VOV8.

Now newly created customers, there is no issue with LOC.

But Already some old customers are there with overdue values, Now LOC implemented.

I created sales order for old customers and delivery with that sales document type which I removed credit check..

Now while doing PGI getting error dynamic check has been exceeded.

My business process is once LOC implemented, there wont be any credit checks for customers ( OLD customers also who already crossed their credit limit .)

Shall we write any logic to control this type of business process.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Venu,

There are two check you can execute in the first place:

1. Check whether Credit Check is active at PGI level. SPRO - Sales and Distribution - Basic Functions - Credit Management/Risk Management - Credit Management - Assign Sales Documents and Delivery Documents - Credit limit check for delivery types - GI Credit Group.

2. After any Customization change in Credit Management it is suggested to re-organize the Credit Data via Transaction - F.28 or program - RFDKLI20

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi sir,

Credit limit check for delivery types assigned 03 ( GI Credit group )

The same item category is being used some other sales document types as well.

If We remove that check 03, normal credit process wont work for other sales document types.

Because, PGI block required for some other sales document types. 

We should not remove that credit block ..

Reason is, if user not maintained LC no in the sales order, system normally behave with credit blocking process.

So in this situation what should I do ?

I Have executed the same program but still same issue.

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are using automatic credit control, right?

If I understood your scenario correctly, you wish that if letter of credit is accepted, that all other checks should not be executed during goods issue.

Have you tried to use a routine in OVA8 for this purpose? In it you have an option to bypass or reset certain credit statuses based on a predefined criteria.

I have never implemented credit check at goods issue, so there could be some specifics, but maybe it is worth the try.

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Peykova,

Thanks for your update.

Yes, it is for automatic credit control only.

And in the OVA8 Transaction we have not used any type of routine.

Please let me know what type of routine it is ?

But Some exit is written for credit management.

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It will be a good idea to check this exit does, for sure.

My idea was to try to add a custom routine in OVA8 to reset the status for oldest open item for example. It might work with bypass, but considering how credit check is performed for goods issue, most probably you will need to reset it to ' '. And this reset can be executed only when the LOC is with approved status, in all other cases the routine will not reset the statuses.

You can see examples of routines for order/delivery credit check if you press F4 on the No credit check field in OVA8. They are created in VOFM similarly to pricing requirements.

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Peykova ,

I am going to do one setting that just create one new delivery document type and it will be assigned to New sales document type.

What ever delivery document type created, just remove the credit block.

Because, this is only for LOC process.

User should not forget putting Financial doc no in the sales order level. so we are adding logic to be mandatory field. 

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

deep_khanra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Former Member

If delivery level you want to check LC , then in automatic credit check you have to write with require logic in routine 002 so that for LC related transaction system  will not check.

Thanks