Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How TDS is calculated in MRRL t-code? Want to put restriction on TDS calculation of every GR no.

former_member197578
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello  everyone,

I have a requirement but do not know how to go about it. In MRRL transaction whatever GRs we put as input, TDS gets deducted and settlement happens, but we want to put a filter here as in giving some checkbox on the screen such that if it's checked only then this t-code should deduct TDS and process documents and if not checked then TDS must not be deducted while document processing documents.

This kind of requirement has come up because in our company MRRL is run only after receiving actual invoice from vendor, but during year end whichever GRs are open as on 31st march we deduct TDS  for them via a BDC and updat in the system. Now when in april actual invoices are received for those GRs , we process them via MRRL, but TDS gets deducted again for them which should not happen.

So please tell me is there any way out? Any response and guidelines in the direction will be highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Chetna

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member218071
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Below would be the process as of my knowledge. Experts, may be from FI, can guide better here

1. During year end process you process tcode J1INPR to book provision for TDS for open GR/SES.

2. When actual invoice comes, process invoice verification with TDS deduction

3. Process J1INUT to balance off the entry in 1st step.

You please check with your FI colleague for better understanding of the process.

Regards, Rakesh

6 REPLIES 6

former_member218071
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Below would be the process as of my knowledge. Experts, may be from FI, can guide better here

1. During year end process you process tcode J1INPR to book provision for TDS for open GR/SES.

2. When actual invoice comes, process invoice verification with TDS deduction

3. Process J1INUT to balance off the entry in 1st step.

You please check with your FI colleague for better understanding of the process.

Regards, Rakesh

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you so much for responding. Yes will take help from FI team in terms of understanding this in more depth.

Here as per my knowledge a BDC is being used to book provision for TDS for open GRs, so in this scenario can you throw some light in terms of point 2 and 3 you made.

Regards,

Chetna D

0 Kudos

Hi,

1. I hope your BDC (J1INPR) should be posting entry -

TDS on provision Dr (5)

TDS Payable Cr (5)

2. MIRO Entry -

GR/IR Dr (100)    

Vendor Cr (95)

TD payable Cr (5)

3. Utilization J1INUT

TDS payable Dr (5)

TDS on provision Cr (5)

So if you check step 1 & 3 entries are getting knocked off

regards, Rakesh

0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

So do you mean to say we must run J1INUT after running that BDC ? Actually i could not get in touch with any FICO expert so still lack clarity in this scenario. Does this mean no changes are required to be made in t-code MRRL ?

Business users say that if possible we must provide some checkbox for input, which when checked should allow MRRL to deduct TDS and if not then TDS must not be deducted. I am still confused what exactly needs to be done.

Thank you for responding,

Regads,

Chetna D

0 Kudos

Yes Chetna,

You have to run J1INUT to knock off the provision J1INPR entry.

We follow the same process wherein, during year end, we deduct TDS on provision (which is generated referencing open service entry sheets which are pending for MIRO). And this is standard Indian tax (CIN) process.

I strongly feel to take opinion of FI person before doing modification in MRRL.

Regards, Rakesh

0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

I checked with few of my FI colleagues, where they seemd to know about MIRO t-code  they did not seem to have any idea regarding J1INPR and J1INUT. I have one doubt the way the above mentioned t-codes are being used to deduct TDS and knock off the same changes for invoices which finally get processed via MIRO, is it that the same t-codes can be used for MRRL processed invoices as well?

Everywhere J1INPR and J1INUT are mentioned in terms of MIRO and not MRRL hence the doubt. Please guide me through this.

Thanks and Regards,

Chetna