cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating My Team search query for custom objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a custom object and I wish to build My Team type search queries as available for standard objects. In standard objects this work even for a deep structure for instance

A is a manager of B,

B is a manager of C

For instance

if A selects My Team query he should be able to see objects created by A, B and C

if B selects My Team query he should be able to see objects created by B and C

This works in standard but I cannot find anything in the UI designer which influences this. Please share any tips/tricks to achieve this scenario.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Please refer :

Thanks,

Madhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Madhan. I've already done development for field transformation so will try this approach first. Will keep you informed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhan,

I am not looking at the approach that you suggested as I have hit a road block with transformation.

The blog you pointed out used normal query where I am using a SADL Query. Hope that should be fine.

I also spent some time researching how this works for standard objects for e.g. Sales Quote and it uses access context 1015 - Employees, Territories and Sales Data. How do I now relate this to SADL query for instance My Open Quotes should show quotes created by me but My Teams Quotes should show me Quotes created by all team members and team members o the sub units.

Regards,

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

I did not use any query for this.

Set the EmployeeUUID to the current logged in user.

Open the WC view and set the property Access Context code - 1010 Employee

Open the OWL and property Access Controlled Business Objects flag off the unrestricted access.

In the front end make the Access restriction(Read/Write access) for the Employee and for Manager set the restriction in the Org unit level.

For me it worked like A is the manager of B and C, so in A's view we can see the instances of A,B and C.

Also look :

For your case hope this might help.

Thanks,

Madhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhan,

Actually I have to replicate functionality similar to Sales Quotes (such as My Quotes, My Teams Quotes) in the Object Work List view for my custom object.

Here everything will happen dynamically. Are you aware of how this can be achieved dynamically.

Regards,

Sandeep

former_member186648
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Refer: http://scn.sap.com/thread/3875626

Thanks, Pradeep.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

In you field transformation how can we ensure that a deep structure is taken care of? Are you suggesting that we find out the list of Sales unit ids in the structure and pass a collection of unit ids?

Regards,

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Just tried to pass collection at the back of transformation field but it does not accept if we also want to use in the UI designer.

Not sure how we can then enable this for a deep organization structure.

Thanks and Regards

Sandeep