cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I Enable Approve and Reject buttons for Shopping Carts in SAP Fiori My Inbox

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fiori Folks,

I have to enable Approve and Reject buttons for Shopping Carts in SAP Fiori My Inbox and I have already the following tasks, but still not able get the Approve Rejects for SC workflow items in My Inbox.

1) Maintain Task Names and Decision Options

2) Implemented the BADI '/IWWRK/BADI_WF_BEFORE_UPD_IB' based on information from the earlier blogs, but the external break-point is not getting triggered.

3) And the component versions we are in are

a) IW_PGW     100     008

b) UIX01CA1    100    005

c) UIX01SRM     100    007

d) GBSRM001   700    0016

e)SRMNXP01    100    0009

4) Workflow definition: WS4000001 and Task TS40007953.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Ramesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh, Have you worked through the Fiori My Inbox Extensibility Cookbook? 

You can find it in note http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2118812

We have actually successfully implemented Approve/Reject shopping carts as you can see in

Not sure why you are not hitting the breakpoint. Have you checked your debug and RFC authorizations in both Gateway and your SRM system?

However I can suggest that if it is not approving/rejecting it may be because you are not passing the correct parameters.  Remember that shopping carts have multiple items - so all you can do in the BADI is approve all items or reject all items.

If you want to do item level approval then you need to work through all of the Extensibility Cookbook. It includes further details of the SC approval function module you need to call to submit your approve/reject in SRM.

Rgds

Jocelyn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jocelyn,

Thanks for your detailed reply with reference links. I went thru the 'Extensibility Cookbook' and found that, if the SC has item level approval, then only SEND is visible instead of Approve/Reject. Is there way we can still have the Approve/Reject for the above scenario like it is for approval on header level?

Regards

Ramesh

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

The problem here is that Shopping Carts are not usually approved or rejected as a whole - it's an item by item approval.

If you need Shopping Cart Item approval then the Extensibility cookbook shows exactly how to achieve that.

If you are happy to add Approve/Reject buttons that just approve/reject all items, then you can use the standard Decision Key configuration and place the update in the BADI /IWWRK/ES_WF_WI_BEFORE_UPD_IB. 

What you need to do in the BADI is call the function module that performs the actual approve/reject in the shopping cart object itself. You can see this in the Extensibility Cookbook as function module ZCARTAPP_ITEMLEVEL_APPROVAL. 

What we did is pass in the table of items with the same decision applied to all items.

One word of warning here... to save time we first installed the Fiori app for Approve Shopping Carts.  That meant we could also use the underlying classes to do the approve/reject - even though we weren't intending to use the Approve Shopping Carts app itself.

You could either follow the same approach or ....

...identify an equivalent background routine for shopping cart approval in SRM - if there is one.  It's been a long time since I worked in SRM myself so for that you would have to ask the SRM folk. 

It's possibly a standard routine doesn't exist and this is why it's part of the Fiori Approve Shopping Carts package.

Good luck,

Jocelyn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jocelyn,

I will work on this in parallel to components upgrade using the reference from Extensibility Cookbook and get back to you in case of any questions.

Once again thank you all for your help.

Regards

Ramesh

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you post screen shots of the Maintain Task Names and Decision Options screen from the back end system? Where have done this configuration - in the ERP or the SRM system?

Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

Thanks for your response. I have done the Maintain Task Names and Decision config in SRM system. Please find attached the images and let me know if you need any more details.

Regards

Ramesh

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Please upload a screenshot of My Inbox app. Do you see any workitem? Is button visibility only an issue? Have you tested other app Approve Shopping Cart?

Regards,

Masa / SAP Technology RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

Thanks for your response. Yes, making the Approve/Reject buttons is the issue and my understanding is that we have to customize in case the workflow step is of type ACTIVITY instead of USER DECISION. I can see the WF items for shopping carts along with other in My Inbox. Please find attached the screenshots of shopping in My Inbox, Approve Shopping Carts App and F12 of My Inbox and let me know if you need any more details. I also leaned that, if the SC has item level approval, then only SEND is visible instead of Approve/Reject. Is there way we can still have the Approve/Reject for the above scenario like it is for approval on header level?

Regards

Ramesh

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

I see the 2nd screenshot is Approve My Shopping Cart, right?

And your issue is decision button display in My Inbox.

Your decision configuration looks OK.

The next step is applying UIX01CA1 SP06 and IW_PGW SP09. You can also set external break point at the method which reads decision button configuration and debug.

Regards,

Masa / SAP Technology RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

Thanks for your inputs. I will work my basis to upgrade those components and get back to you.

Regards

Ramesh