cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send kinds of files from third system to ECC system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I need to send the kinds of attachments(csv,jpeg,pdf,word etc) from third system(OA system: domino language) to ECC. How to choose the adapter(including: Sender and Receiver).

My PI version: 7.0(XI3.0)

In addition, what size is the pdf every time? It is said that the size is less than 10MB every time, isn't it?

Thank you all for your reply.

Hubery

Many thanks & best regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Hubery,

If PI is just acting as a Plain Pass Through mode, you can use the File Adapter of PI to transfer the file from the the source directories to the target directories.

The assumption is for any non Text / non XML file you are going to just use PI as a Pass Through.

The ideal file size should be around 5 MB but even a 10 MB file should be Ok. It depends on the number of transfers etc.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

You mean FILE->FILE(ftp) scenario. I want to use SOAP->FILE(FTP) scenario ,because the third system based on WEB. Is it possible?

For file size, the total size of files  are less than 10MB. It is possible. If not(more than 10MB), the file will be missed?

Thank you so much for your advice.

Hubery

Many thanks & best regards

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Would the files be SOAP Attachments or SOAP Payload?

If SOAP Attachments,

• File adapters do not support Attachments natively.
  • You can use the SFTP Adapter that supports Attachments. If your ECC system is a Unix System, it should be easy to use a SFTP Adapter.
  • If you want to use NFS Mount, then you need to use the File Adapter. To then access attachments, would suggest read through my responses in this thread -

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suddenly remember, PI 7.0  for transport protocol does not include axis for adapter SOAP.

Screenshot:

PI 7.0

PI 7.11

As you konw, SFTP is not appropriate for PI7.0

I think the following scenario is suitable for my condition:

PI 7.0(not conversion to xml):

FILE->FILE

PI7.11:

SFTP->SFTP

FILE->FILE

SOAP(AXIS)->FILE(FTP)/SFTP

Please correct if it wrong.

Thank you again for support. It is useful for me.

Many thanks & best regards

Hubery

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Hubery,

SOAP Axis is supported on PI 7.0 as well,i.e, from PI 7.0 SP 12

Refer SAP Note: 1039369 , question#1

The axis adapter is available from XI 3.0 SP20, XI 7.00 SP12, XI 7.01 SP0, XI 7.02 SP0, XI 7.10 SP3, XI 7.11 SP0, XI 730 SP0, XI 731 SP1 and XI 740 SP4 releases

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bhavesh,

There are two solutions according to your description for my scenario in PI 7.0 .

FILE->FILE

SOAP(AXIS)->FILE

Thank you Bhavesh for your great help.

Hubery

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SOAP Axis is not mandatory, Plain SOAP can also be used as normal SOAP also supported attachments.

Regards

Bhavesh

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hubrey,

FILE->FILE

Attachment not supported in file

SOAP(AXIS)->FILE

Attachment not supported so go with soap to SFTP or soap to soap(AXIS).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Got it, thanks  Raghuraman.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will test SOAP(SOAP attachment)->FILE(ftp). Frankly, I have no idea so far. Even though I have checked your comments in another topic you talked. Thank you for your continues follow.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok Hubrey.Try and keep us posted.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have already tested the scenario(SOAP->FILE). The operation mapping is 1:n if you send the attachment and the information of file. However, the operation mapping is 1:1 if you only send the attachment. Moreover, the size is OK with 5MB. Otherwise, It is possible to be overtime if the files are more than 5MB.

Hubery