cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Migration for SAP C4C Edge Edition

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

I need to Migrate for my customer from Salesforce to SAP C4C Edge edition.

I had seen the discussion and was very helpful and i did manage to download the Files.

My only question is, is there a template for SAP C4C Edge? If yes, how to i get it?

And how to i upload it to SAP C4C Edge? Is it by Settings > Data > Import CSV?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Richie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richie,

I don't believe there is a template (we just made a few columns in Excel), however a small guide is available here.

It's also worth knowing that the data uploader doesn't support extension fields.

Will

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Will,

I saw this link too while in search of help in SAP C4C Edge. Does it mean that we need to copy paste the fields in Data Field Loaders an Excel and convert the files to CSV?

Just out of my curiosity, what is the difference between Data Load and Data Loaders Field ?

Thanks for enlightening me!

Regards,

Richie

Former Member
0 Kudos

You don't really need to copy and paste the data loader fields, for example there is a field called CityName, In excel we just called it City.

You can save it as a CSV file from within Excel, just change the file type on "Save As".

Once you've uploaded the CSV file it will allow you to map the columns in the CSV to the C4C fields.

"Just out of my curiosity, what is the difference between Data Load and Data Loaders Field ?"

Do you mean the difference between the data loader and data loader field(s)?

Will

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Will,

Understood!! Thanks for shedding lights on that. I understand the CSV better now!

However, I was prompted error in email stating that Error occurs and can migrate the data.

"Just out of my curiosity, what is the difference between Data Load and Data Loaders Field ?"

Do you mean the difference between the data loader and data loader field(s)? -- Yess!!

Cause of the Leads and Opportunity that is separated out that confused me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You got that error probably because some of the data isn't valid/wrong syntax. For example a date should be in the format yyyy-mm-dd

It looks like you're trying to set the UUID to jkh which wont work etc....

Try and start uploading data by using very few columns such as name, address and then gradually build it up, you should be able to find what column is causing that error then.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Will,

Appreciate your effort and your advice is truly golden. I had tried your suggestion and now Im getting a clearer picture and the error seems more meaningful to me.

After i had successfully do it, i will post a step guide to benefits others.

Thanks again Will!! Kudos!

Cheers,

Richie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Will,

I had successfully created a test Data Migration, and will create a document soon.

However just before i do that, If there a way to create a Product link to a product Categories, because as shown in the SAP Cloud for Customer, Edge Edition The product categories field is blank and no way to link in to the bo, and to create manually is really not practical as customer have a long list of products.

Is there a workaround to it?

Regards,

Richie

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

As promised, i have include steps on how to do data migration on the following Document.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Cheers,

Richie