cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on CBMA Alerts

0 Kudos

Hi,

We have implemented the CBMA alerts(DEFAULT_ALERTRULE) in our landscape and it has been working fine for the last few years.

But, of late, we see our inboxes being spammed with alerts for failed sender channel polling(either because the source server is unavailable or the source file format is incorrect for FCC)

As a result, some alerts which require immediate action goes unnoticed by our support team.

Is there a way, we could stop the CBMA framework to stop sending alerts for the polling sender channels after few attempts ?

Regards,

Senthil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Natraj,

Have you checked this note : 1927658 - Duplicate alerts even "Suppress Multiple Alerts of This Rule" function is active

Havent personally tried this but might be worth looking into.

Regards,

Bhavesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry from SAP Note: http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1830360

2. Changes on the Java side (relevant from PI 7.11 onwards):

The alerting mechanism on the Java side has a technology for suppressing multiple alerts from PI 7.11 onwards, if many alerts are triggered by the same error source in a short period (for example, a fast-polling sender channel that keeps triggering the same error). This should help to reduce the system load and the number of similar alerts. This mechanism is always active and is not dependent on the above ABAP parameter or the "Suppress Multiple Alerts for This Rule" flag for the alert rule. Instead, the time interval is specified with AF Core Services parameter alerting.suppressInterval

Setting this parameter will make sure to say 5 minutes, will make sure that even if the poll interval is 60 seconds, instead of 5 alerts only 1 alert is triggered and so on. I havent tried this personally but that is my understanding. Let us know how this goes!

0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

That was a very quick reply. This looks promising and will get back to you with the results shortly.

Regards,

Senthil

0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

I had a look into this note. But it looks like this note is applicable to RWB based alerting.

We have a CBMA based alerting framework, where a Job is scheduled using a Java scheduler (at a 5 mins interval) to pick the alerts generated until then. We have checked the "Suppress Alerts" and "AggregateAlerts" to true, so duplicate alerts are suppressed until they are consumed by the job run.

But still, receveing an alert on a failed sender file channel once in 5 mins is quite annoying.

I know that one way to get around my problem is to decrease the frequency of this Java job.

But, we would need a near real time alerting for other failures(like the failures on the receiver end).

Regards,

Senthil

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Senthil,

Why don't increase the time of the job scheduler?

0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

As pointed out earlier, we need a near real time alerting for other failures(like mapping errros, delivery errors etc)

This is to ensure that business critical integrations are closely monitored for errors/issues.

Regards,

Senthil

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

You can forward the alerts to solution manager then you can configure thresh holds in solution manager, you dont get too many alerts from solution manager.

Regards,

Praveen.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok Senthil,

Then the solution could be integrating with Solution manager as Praveen suggested.

Check the link below you will get some idea.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/104677d9-fc8c-2e10-dc92-c4e660b0d...

Answers (0)