cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LT01/LT10 - Restrict bin to bin transfer (999 mvmt)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am looking for a way to restrict the transfers from one bin to another via LT01 or LT10 via WM movement 999 on special stock.

1) Is there a way to restrict the bin to bin transfer for differnet special stocks numbers via Customizing (I am only aware of blocking the whole bin/quant)

2) Is there a dedicated User Exit to put some customized code to check the source and destination bin? Possibly an error message when pressing enter or when saving (I checked function group XLTO)

Thanks a lot in advance for your advice.

Kind regards

Karsten

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Are you looking to only be able to move K stock to certain bins for example and ensuring that a user doesn't mix project stock with consignment stock ??

Can you please explain your requirement in more detail ?

Cheers

A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Android,

Indeed I want to implement a restriction to allow moving "K" stock only in certain bins:

In my case I have dedicated bins per supplier for "K" stock. Hence, I would like to avoid that material A in bin "ABC" belonging to supplier 1 can be moved to the bin "DEF" of material A of supplier 2.

I am looking for a way to do this via Customizing (if possible) or the right User Exit I could place some code in.

Cheers

K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

So you are dual sourcing consignment stock, but do not want to mix the stock in the same bin right?

Can I ask why?, as this is not a problem from a system visibility / reporting / PI  perspective. The reason I ask is that there may be a few options.

Other things to consider might be;

Is mixed stock allowed ?

Have you looked at or are you already using SU Management ?

Have you looked at or are you already using Batch Management ?

Cheers

A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Android,

Yes, indeed we are souring consignment stock and a Business rule forbids us to mix the stock in the same bin. I think the background is that suppliers must be able to phyiscally check the content of their bin in the warehouse.

To answer your other questions:

- Yes, we do allow mixed stock as long as we do not mix suppliers on consignment basis

- We have a few rare cases of SU management, but nor for materials source via consignment

- Yes, we do make use of Batch Management

In fact, I was thinking about some kind of error message that is being display in LT01 (and LT10) once the "wrong" bins have been chosen.

Thanks a lot . Cheers

K.