cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

suggestions on Web Intelligence 4.x books, for best learning

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are in the process of selecting a vendor to help us move from XI 3.1 to BI 4.x, and I wanted to get a jump start on Web Intelligence 4.x learning.

I've been doing WebI XI 3.1 for about 10 months, decent exposure during that time. In consideration of the following courses, I was thinking maybe do some book training (which I like) for the first course

BOW310 - Web Intelligence - Report Design I (2 days)

BOW320 - Web Intelligence - Advance Report Design (2 days)

I found this book which looks decent. Any ideas if there is a 4.2 book coming out soon ?

I'm at the point where I need to start looking at this, so waiting is not an option, unless the 4.2 book is out in a month or so.

Thoughts ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bill,

If you feel the training course are too much, you always buy the SAP Press book.

SAP Press links

SAP BI - BOBJ - Analytics | SAP PRESS Books and E-Books

Web Intelligence. The Comprehensive Guide - by SAP PRESS

If you are going the SAPPHIRE NOW + ASUG Annual Conference, you will get it cheep on-site in Orlando (Florida)

2016 SAPPHIRE NOW + ASUG Annual Conference | SAP | SAP and ASUG</title></head><body&...

Lastly for FREE, SAP Tutorial site with YouTube links

Regards,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ajay, thank you, very helpful, especially the tutorials.

Since 4.2 books aren't available, and I want to get started now, what's the downside of using a 4.1 book when we'll likely install 4.2 ? It seems like the delta of 4.1 to 4.2 is a lot less than the delta of my XI 3.1 knowledge to BI 4.1.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

4.2 book not available until next year . . .

We are working on a book for 4.2 version, however it will not be readily available. It is currently on our 2017 project list which is subject to change. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Laura B

Customer CareRheinwerk Publishing, Inc.

2 Heritage Drive, Suite 305 │ Quincy, MA  02171

info@rheinwerk-publishing.com+1.781.228.5070

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Biil, there are some books at SAP Press  (https://www.sap-press.com/),

and at Amazon :

http://www.amazon.com/SAP-Businessobjects-Intelligence-Training-Course/dp/1291867341/ref=sr_1_1?s=bo...

SAP Businessobjects Web Intelligence 4.1 Training Course

May 7, 2014

Paperback

$79.17Prime

Only 9 left in stock - order soon.

More Buying Choices

$62.32used & new(30 offers)

You can also consider the tutorials as SAP.COM

Regards,

Rogerio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rogerio, thank you, appreciate the links.