cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

get subreport custom functions text

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Having real trouble getting the value of of Custom Function text (not CRUFL).  In reports it is not a problem, but the SubreportClientDocument does not implement CustomFunctionController.

Am I missing something obvious?

CRDataDefModel.CustomFunctions funcs;
if (!report.IsSubreport)
{
funcs = report.ReportClientDocument.CustomFunctionController.GetCustomFunctions();
}
else
{
var subrptClientDoc = _report.ReportClientDocument.SubreportController.GetSubreport(report.Name);
//funcs = subrptClientDoc.CustomFunctionController.GetCustomFunctions();
funcs = null;
}

Regards,

Steve

Edit1:  Don, I am looking at the code attached to

I think my answer might be covered there.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Great that app is helping... Needs some updates but should be good for you...

Let me know if it does or not? If it doesn't then attach your report and I'll have a look at it also.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess my specific question is looking at the difference between ReportClientDocument and SubreportClientDocument, the subreport does not offer a CustomFunctionController. Not sure if I can cast a subreport as a ReportClientDocument.

I have attached my test report and an xml dump of report objects.

The report has two custom functions.  One in the main report and one in the subreport, named testcustfunction and custfuncsub.

For what its worth, the reason for the question is trying to add custom function data to this project.

https://github.com/slestak/RptToXml  

I just pushed a branch called custfunction_detail which created the attached xml file.

This project makes good artifacts to version so you have something to diff when maintaining a large number of reports.

Steve

Answers (0)