cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP CRM status and dates

former_member182315
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts - I got a requirement to have a date and time field available on the service request below the status, as and when the status change the user will be changing the date and time, can I achieve this out of box by having a date type in date profile? But how to should I make this visible in the WEBUI??

Kindly advise.

Regards

Vani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vani,

Just speaking my mind here.

How about creating date type & showing the value of same as a value node in Status block.

Create a Date type and assigning the rule to update the date as per your requirements.

Create a Value node and read the date type value in getter method to show this value in assignment block in greyed out mode.

Thanks,

Ravi K

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vani,

If you want to achieve it without date profile, you can follow the solution provided by Himayat . One AET field if date type.

But by following this approach I think, we can't maintain the history of dates in change history or some table. we need to have a separate table for that. If history is not in your scope you can follow this.

Thanks & Regards

Ravi

former_member182315
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot to every body in this thread.

Regards

vani

Himayatullah
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Using AET approach you can create the date fields and have them configured on the webui.

BR/Himayat

samantak_chatterjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vani,

As per my knowledge, there are not out of the box solution for this requirement. You can probably create a date rule and use a date type field to be displayed in the date assignment block.

Else, you can create a new field using AET and then use the status BadI to populate the date and time when ever the user changes the status. This is a much cleaner approach and will be maintainable and supported by SAP.

Let me know if you need any further inputs from my end.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Samantak.