cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MOPZ/Maintenance Planner - Only unicode kernel options offered

bfewell
Explorer
0 Kudos

In Maintenance Optimizer (Solman 7.1 sp10) (also in Maintenance Planner), I am planning maintenance for a Stack upgrade to our ECC systems.

The current systems are

ECC 6.0 Ehp7 Stack 7 using Non-Unicode Kernel 7.42 sp 200

The desired target is

ECC 6.0 Ehp7 Stack 9 using the current 7.42 or 7.5 Non-Unicode Kernel.

I understand that an upgrade to Ehp8 would incur a unicode migration.  Management has determined that a unicode migration will be delayed to coincide with a upgrade to HANA starting in 2017.  In the meantime, management desires to apply the minimum maintenance required to meet the prerequisite requirements for year-end HR support packs.

Not to my problem.  When I use either MOPZ or Maintenance Planner to create a maintenance transaction, the only kernel options offered are unicode.

Is this in err, and is there anything I can do to influence the choices presented.

Also, are there implications to selecting no kernel file, and manually upgrading the kernel outside of the SUM process.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

manish_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bob,

Not sure why maintenance planner is not providing option for non-unicode kernel as it should be. Can you try verify/sync at maintenance planner for this respective system.

Also please check in LMDB if kernel details are correct as non-unicode.

Thanks,

MPS

bfewell
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

I've sync'd so many times I've lost count.  Verify is clean in Maintenance Planner.

I see no reference to the kernel version or unicode status in SLD, LMDB or maintenance planner.

Perhaps I just do not know where to look.

Thanks for the help.

Bob Fewell

georg_salmen
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same problem, have you could find a solution.

Kind regards

Georg