Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Check in Head Office-Branch

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SD Experts

I am caught in a straneg situation

We have the concept of Head Office - Branch Office in Customer master i.e. in Customer Master 1064111, we have Customer 1064107 assigned in the HEAD OFC field

When Credit limit is set in FD32, we want Credit check to happen against A (Not Head Office). Hence, we change the CREDIT ACCOUNT to A (Default is B)

When we create Sales Order, Credit Check happens rightfully at 1064111.. But during VF01, Credit usage of 1064111 is reduced and is consumed from 1064107.. Is this Standard behaviour? When I have set Credit Account as A and it works for Sales Order, why not for Invoice?

Ajay M

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

coleti
Active Contributor

Dear Ajay,

Did you check the program CHECK_CM for you sales process ? Maybe there is some information there to help us to figure that out.

Best regards,

Gabriel Coleti

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriel

Thanks for your reply..

I checked the program, it shows Credit account correctly as 1064111. But Invoicing consumes from 1064107

Here are the screenshots

Regards

Ajay M

coleti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Ajay for the screens, looks good.

In the sales order partners, the "Bill-to party" is the same as "Sold-to party" ?

Best regards,

Gabriel Coleti

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriel / All

I could zero-in on the root cause, per note 92465

there is a setting in Bill Type for "Branch / Head Office" Field.. This was Set to A, I set it to INITIAL

After that, it behaves correctly, as I want it to

The F1 Help of the field says this

Branch/head office relationship

The indicator controls which partner functions of the billing document can be forwarded to Financial Accounting

• initial : If the payer is different to the sold-to party, the payer is transferred to Financial Accounting as the customer and the sold-to party as the branch. Any branch/head office relationship stored in FI is ignored.
  • A : The sold-to party is forwarded as the customer. Any branch/head office relationship stored in FI for this customer is taken into account.
  • B : The payer is forwarded as the customer. Any branch/head office relationship stored in FI for this customer is taken into account.

Note:

If the credit limit check is active, the system always reacts as described in the entry 'initial', regardless of the setting.

As per the Note Section above , It should ideally behave as INITIAL, (if the Credit Check is active) regardless of the setting.  But, somehow, it behaves like that only when it is INITIAL

So, is it safe to assume / conclude that the Field must be left Blank when

1) Credit Check and Head Office and

2) Branch Office / head Office Feature is active, and

3) You want the Credit Check to happen at HO level in some cases and Branch level in some cases

Can any one please confirm

Regards

Ajay M

coleti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good Ajay,

Here we leave it blank to ignore the FI relationship:

Best regards,

Gabriel Coleti

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor