cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My application keeps crashing on Windows Server 2012 R2.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Powerbuilder 10.5

Since migrating to a Windows Server 2012 R2 Terminal Server my application keeps crashing. On the old Windows Server 2003 TS it worked fine.

From the event log

Windows cannot access the file for one of the following reasons:

there is a problem with the network connection, the disk that the file is stored on, or the storage

drivers installed on this computer; or the disk is missing.

Windows closed the program <program> because of this error.

Program: <program>

File: The file name is blank so I don't know which file is is!

Etc.

Followed by:

Faulting module name: MSVCR71.dll, version: 7.10.3052.4, time stamp: 0x3e561eac

Exception code: 0xc000041d

Fault offset: 0x0002094a

Faulting module path: <path>MSVCR71.dll

Etc.

The faulting module paths can also be:

C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

<path>PBSHR105.dll

<path>pbdwe105.dll

<path>PBVM105.dll

<path>pbdwe105.dll

C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\MSVCR100.dll

I have installed a trial version or PB12.6 (build 3506) on a VM under Windows 7 (the gui won't run on my W10 box, but that is another story), compiled the application and installed this in a separate directory. This doesn't help either.

This is giving me an ulcer. Can anyone please point me in the right direction.

I am desperate so any ideas are welcome.

Thanks.

Gerry.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gerry;

Not surprising when using the old EOL PB 10.x version. Version 10.x was around long before W2012 and never tested / supported on that platform by Sybase or SAP.   

Regards .. Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris, me again.

I realize this. As I stated, I managed to get a working 12.6 GUI version on a VM (Windows 7) so I built a PB12.6 version of my application and deployed it to another folder. According to the docs 12.6 supports Server 2012 R2 but the same problems still occur. We are now installing on the Terminal Server itself as a test in order to eliminate any network problems.

Cheers,

Gerry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Gerry, I missed the part about PB 12.6 <note to self - read the whole posting>!

Have you applied any EBF's to PB 12.6?

FWIW:  I am currently running (testing) with PB 12.6 build 4088.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good morning (here) Chris..

I am afraid I don't have access to EBFs as I don't have a $upport contract, this being a trial version

Cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, that has been a personal "beef" of mine since SAP took over PB. Sybase (and PowerSoft for sure) would always provide EBF's and even full Maintenance Releases (MR's) free of charge to its PB customers. SAP's business model is unimpre$$ive in this area.

But, there is hope Obewan ... there is another - and the PowerBuilder force is strong with this one. They call this young Jedi  Appeon.  

Former Member
0 Kudos

Update.

Via this link

http://www.bearnakedcode.com/2011/06/win-2008-terminal-server-network-app.html

I found this article

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/d7bab29e-2bce-4785-9abb-259cff3a153e...

Removing all shares, moving the application from the application server to the terminal server and running the application locally from D:\application instead of from a share seems to have fixed the problem. Now instead of 30 users emailing me every 5 min with errors it has now run for a whole day error free.

I hope this helps anyone else with the same problem.

Gerry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Excellent news Gerry ... Thank you so much for sharing this information with the PB Community!  

Answers (0)