cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SaveAs fails on PB Classic 12.5 using .Net Windows Forms target

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I'm using PB12.5.2 Build 5550 on a Windows 7 SP1 32-bit machine.

I have a NVO that receives a dataStore as argument. At the end of the processing I try to do a SaveAs on the DS. If I supply arguments to the SaveAs command, is saves correctly. If I leave it blank, as for the user to inform the file type and location, the saveAs window simply doesn't appear.

I got a workaround using the GetFileSaveName to get a XLS filename and then use it on the saveAs method.

I guess I'm just writing to have documented, in case someone else has the same issue and doesn't find an answer on google!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel;

Technically, the DS was designed to never interact with the application user as your PB Application could be running as a Service, System Tray, Batch, etc application that has no visible interface (and never should). In fact the DS could be running within a Web Service (also possible to build from PB Classic).

My suggestion would be to have a DW Control pointer passed into the NVUO where there was a ShareData ( ) active between the DS & the DC. Then, issue the SaveAs ( ) against the DC vs the DS.

HTH

Regards ... Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hum, makes a lot of sense.

I don't know if just the documentation doesn't approach this aspect or I just missed it.

I haven't tried it on a regular PB classic target.

Thanks a lot Chris!

Answers (0)