Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split Functionality with Tab strip Controll

kumar_kiran2
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a requirement like my custom report need to resize left hand side panel of tree structure, In PPOSA transaction I can drag like that below are the my transaction screen shot and MPP screen.

12 REPLIES 12

Patrick_vN
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can check the demo program RSDEMO_EASY_SPLITTER_CONTROL.

And if you want to find more demo programs, see transaction code DWDM.

0 Kudos

Hi Pratick,

Thanks for your reply, but is it possible to put custom screen in Docking container? If you can see in my report left side is tree and right side top is alv and down side is different screens. Please let me know if you have any solution. thank you,

0 Kudos

You can create a docking container & splitter in your custom screen instead. Would that work for you?

Juwin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is done by using DOCKING container.

Create a simple program, with just 1 screen in it. Put some text in the screen. Next, in the PBO module, instantiate a DOCKING container. You will see that the system automatically moves the contents of the screen, to a re-sizable view, with a DOCKING container on the left.

Sample Code:

report z.

data:r_dock_container type ref to cl_gui_docking_container.

call screen 1.

*&---------------------------------------------------------------------*

*&      Module  STATUS_0001  OUTPUT

*&---------------------------------------------------------------------*

*       text

module status_0001 output.

create object r_dock_container

exporting

side                        = cl_gui_docking_container=>dock_at_left

extension                   = 70

exceptions

others                      = 6.

endmodule.

My program has only 1 screen, and that screen has only 1 text. After executing this report, I see the following.

Thanks, Juwin

0 Kudos

Hi Juwin,

Thank you very much for your reply, If i split the like you mentioned How can i add my ALV and TAB strip controls. Please guide me.

Juwin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I haven't tried this personally, but, please follow these steps. It should work.

Create 3 screens. 1 main and 2 subscreens. The main screen should have only 1 subscreen area, covering the entire screen.

In the PBO of the main screen, instantiate DOCKING container. And using that docking container create the resizable TREE on the left.

In the subscreen area, call the 1st subscreen. In that subscreen, Green custom control will hold the ALV and Blue area, will hold the TABs.

Based on which button is being pressed, you may switch the calls between 1st subscreen and the 2nd subscreen, to make it look like the TAB or ALV is being minimized. Hide the custom control on the 2nd subscreen, to minimize ALV.

Thanks,

Juwin

0 Kudos

Hi Juwin,

Thank you very much for your reply, I will try these options and update you tomorrow.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To change the height of dynpros, there is the solution by Juwin by switching subscreens of different heights, or the usual way is to use (it can be done in only one screen) LOOP AT SCREEN to hide elements (either the top custom container (for the ALV grid), or the bottom fields, or both), this way the height is automatically recalculated: if you collapse the top pat, the whole bottom part will go up, including its expand/collapse button.

Juwin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sandra Rossi wrote:

if you collapse the top pat, the whole bottom part will go up, including its expand/collapse button.

Hi Sandra, I agree to this, and that's mentioned in my post too.

Juwin Pallipat Thomas wrote:

Hide the custom control on the 2nd subscreen, to minimize ALV.

The reason I proposed 1st subscreen is, using LOOP AT SCREEN, you can't maximize/expand the ALV display, to fill the whole screen.

Thanks,

Juwin

0 Kudos

thank you all,

It's some how working I need to change some more changes. Thank you, If i need any help I will re open this discussion points given.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You're right, we can't hide subscreen/custom container using LOOP AT SCREEN. So, seems to me that you proposed the only possible solution

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi again, I could make it work as follows:

In the PBO of Screen1, SubscrArea1 contains either SubscrCC (if the top section is expanded) or SubscrEmpty (collapsed section), and SubscrArea2 contains either SubscrClassic (if the bottom section is expanded) or SubscrEmpty (collapsed section).