cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual Pricing condition update in sales order for different Materials at a time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am new to this forum.

My requirement is to update pricing condition for different line items in sales order at a time.

For example:-

I have 3 materials

Mat-101

Mat-102

Mat-103

And the base price for each material is same but it changes very often.

So my requirement is if i update condition for one material then for other two material system should update the condition automatically because for all the material base price is same.

Is it possible?

Thanks,

Santosh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Santosh,

if what proposed is not exactly what you meant in your post, then maybe it will be easier if you can clarify it a bit.

Did you mean that:

• you need a way to maintain the base price in VK12 for these 3 materials in a single pricing condition record;
  • you want to change the base price of material 101 in the order and with this to update the base price for all items in the document with material 101,102,103 without going to each item and setting the price manually;
  • or it was something completely different?
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veselina,

Suppose I  have 3 materials

Mat-101

Mat-102

Mat-103

Base price of these materials changes very often but remains same for all 3 materials.

Like on 12 April Base price of these materials is 100 for each material.

On 13 April it will be 150 for each material.

So my requirement is whenever I manually update pricing in sales order..Instead of going to each item and update the price I want to update only for single item i.e. Mat-101 and If I update for Mat-101 then system has to update on its own for other 2 materials.i.e 150 for each and every material.

Thanks,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to change the base price of material 101 in the order and with this to update the base price for all items in the document with material 101,102,103 without going to each item and setting the price manually;

former_member184771
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For this requirement why you are tying to update the pricing at item level, straight way update the pricing at header level which serve the purpose.

Thanks

Sumeet Sah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply sumeeet.

But There is no condition type to update base price in header level.

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From technical perspective: you are not able to change your base price condition value from the document header most probably, because it is not set up to accept changes on header level in V/06.

From functional and business process perspective: I would definitely question the client why the price for these three materials changes so often and why it should be modified per document by end users instead of using pricing condition records for that purpose.

I wonder whether this is the most optimal design for the business process.

In addition to that - this means changing a price, which was most probably agreed with the client and it was used to execute credit check and/or trigger a request for advance payment. That has to be aligned with the customer again (out of the system), so this manual base price adjustment should be probably treated as a rare exception, not as a rule and there is no significant benefit to simplify it.

In most companies the users are not even allowed to adjust the base price in the sales orders, if this action is needed, it is done at quotation stage and may go through approval if the margin falls below certain agreed levels.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Veselina.

Your point is correct even I wonder why they change base price of the materials so often.

From business point of view this is not a good practice.Definitely I will ask why the price changes and how often they change it.

But this is my client demand so I have to give some solution.

Anyway Thanks for all your response.I ll close this thread soon.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I request moderator to close this thread

sez41
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is a standard functionality to update pricing in a document -> Edit -> New pricing document. Check if this meets your requirement.