cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Millisecond support for SAP ME WIP tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

We are looking for the millisecond level support for the following tables.

SAPME_WIP.PARAMETRIC_MEASURE

SAPME_ODP.ODS_ASSEMBLY_HISTORY

There is a requirement to store data upto millisecond accuracy in the Date and time field can someone confirm it is possible and if not what can be the workaround apart from creation of custom tables..

Regards,

Pushkar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stuarta1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Pushkar

The parametric table already supports milliseconds in a couple of the columns, but the API that writes to it does not. Are you allowing client timestamps, or using the server's time?

If using client times, then you could store the millisecond portion in the core table parametric_measure_custom, for example. Also, I'd generally recommend storing test results in ODS, and not WIP: this data set can be huge and can slow your archive process considerably.

Stuart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stuart,

We are using the client (The machine provided data and time value) which is received from the PCO interface with the accuracy upto millisecond. We wanted to store it in the same fields where generally system stores the timestamp. As the datatype of these fields is datetme it restricts us to use them as using for storing them as milliseconds.

The idea was to pass the date and time value in the PAPI so it can store in the table..

looks like we have multilevel issues : One with PAPI and next with DB.

Unfortunately our current design is based on WIP and hence it is difficult for now to Move to ODS..

We will explore using the parametric_measure_custom further..

Thank for your support on topic.

Regards,

Pushkar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi!

Usually a support of milliseconds is an enhancement request. Though a while ago it had been done in some tables for some customers in form of core change to make existing features work correctly. You'd rather contact SAP ME Consulting team to discuss a possibility of implementing this like a core feature first. If you convince Product Mgmt team that such feature is benificial for the entire product, they might agree.

Regards,

Sergiy