Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Self Service - Service Request

Yvonne_van_Stra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are thinking about the following situation:

With certain customers we have a good estbalished business relationship for Service Request Management.

We would like our customer to create Service Requests in our ByD system directly, and communicate with them via ByD.

We can very easily create service agents for these customers, and make a limited autorhisation to the service desk.

However, i cannot find the option to limit them to only see their 'own' service requests. Eg limited to an account ID.

I can default views for this user, but I cannot seem to prohibit it from other data when it will search on other customer ID's for example.

Is anybody of you using ByD in relation to self service, and has an idea how this can be done?

Hope to hear from you.

Kind regards,

Yvonne

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ms. Yvonne,

Kindly check the below screenshot

As you can see the access group her is OELtest2, P1124, P1130, s1114 are all service organization. So you can limit at service org level.

Which means your restrictions can only happen at sales organization level so all the customers assigned to this sales organization can be viewed by this user.

Maybe if you really want this you might need to create a new access context via PDI or Add-on as "Customer" and assign to this user

Regards

Leo

Yvonne_van_Stra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Leo,

The access restrictions on service organisation level were clear to me.

I will look into the creation of a new access context. Sounds like a proper solution.

Many thanks.

Regards,

Yvonne

Answers (0)