Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analysis Office Variables

former_member238061
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I use queries which are ready for input.

They use variables with the selection of (e.g.) one company code and not multiples like "from...to".

If I switch to "from...to" the data fields are no longer ready for input.

How can I overcome that one?

Thanks for any tip.

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

PavelRamanouski
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello, Thomas! Unfortunately, I can't clearly understand your problem. Could you post any screenshots of this one? Where you select "From...to" ? On the selection screen or not?

former_member238061
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Pavel,

the issue is:
a) as-is (selection variable offer only on cc for data entry).
1-Start query, select cost center 4711, enter data and store.

2-Select cost center 4712, enter data and store.

b) with multiple selection
Start query, select from 4711 to 4712 => data cannot be entered anymore.

The fields are grey now.

With kind regards

Thomas

PavelRamanouski
Participant
0 Kudos

Hm...May be, I have an idea. Is the column "CostCenter" is displayed on your query? If not - the system does not know on which from selected CostCenter it have to write your data and, as a result, data cannot be entered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thomas,

Thumb rule for input ready query is each characteristic used in aggregation level should have value associated with it,it could be through filter restriction (hard coded or through variable).

Now in your case where query is input enabled for single value selection and not for range,there could be 2 possible case -

1) Variable is not defined correctly - Create selection option variable where it is ready for input (basic settings for variable).

2) Ensure all characteristic in aggregation level is alike for both cost centers means its compounding object controlling area and other attributes are same for all cost center used in variable.

Thanks.

Anand71
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

May be for some company code data is not loded in the cube. If data is not loaded for some compnay code then you have to change the setting in the query  to "Read from the master data".

Regards,

Anand Kumar