cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

use of statefull RFC/web services in WebDynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i want to create a WebDynpro application which uses adaptive RFCs. Every RFC call will relay on the fact, that ABAP-Memory updated in previous call can be accessed. What do you think, will it work? is it a correct strategie?

Will it work if i use web service created from RFC?

thanks

Paul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

abhijeet_mukkawar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

of course, it will work, but what you need to assure is the previous transaction is committed in the database.

Rgearding your web service issue, if you are talking about the data updated in last transaction then it should be committed to be accessible in consecutive transaction. If you are talking about the changes in the definition of the FM then you need to make the web service consistent by going into SE80(this is same as what we do when we change the structure like add more tables parameter etc and then Reimport Model)

hope it helps

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abhijeet,

i don't want to commit the previous transaction to the database. Only ABAP-Memory in RFC will be modified. It is all about ABAP-Memory, not database.

ABAP-Memory is something like global variable, which can be accessed via repeated call of a function module.

I have seen some threds about SAP-Locks. I hope, if i have always same connection, then it will work.

We will build complex views in WD for our application and our existing modules are based on ABAP-Memory.

Regards

Paul

abhijeet_mukkawar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>ABAP memory is a memory area that all ABAP programs within the same internal session can access using the EXPORT and IMPORT statements. Data within this area remains intact during a whole sequence of program calls. To pass data to a program which you are calling, the data needs to be placed in ABAP memory before the call is made. The internal session of the called program then replaces that of the calling program. The program called can then read from the ABAP memory. If control is then returned to the program which made the initial call, the same process operates in reverse</i>

<b>ABAP memory</b>, is something restricted to the internal session created by the program who uses CALL TRANSACTION OR SUBMIT in it to call other program(in rfc we dont have anything sort of this), and only lives upto the life of that session rather the program who was responsible for its generation.

I think if you want to achieve what you said , ABAP memory wont help you in that,<b>SAP memory</b> may help you in that.

hope it helps

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

but it works

it seems that there is something like ''internal session". But i am not sure if it always works

abhijeet_mukkawar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if it is working from RFC then it will also work from web service exposed from FM

regards