cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO release strategy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Although I know there are so many discussions about PO release strategy, but still I faided to find my answer.

The case is:

Before new design, there are one class ZPUR_ORD assign to rel.grp 03 rel.obj 2, and in the class, there are two characteristics: plant and pur.org. Many release strategies built with the class to release PO

But now, we get a special company who need not only characteristics plant and per.org but also Total net order value and two more characteristics.

As far as I know, I can only create one class, that is to say, I can only add all these five characteristics in the old class. But the problem is, since the other company dont need the new characteristics, I have to leave them blank which cause the release code will not pop up when do ME29N.

Is there any good way to solve this?

Really appreciate your help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Assign all possible values for the other characteristics - dont keep it blank. For example, for total net order value, use value as > 0. Similarly assign values for other characteristics also.

Regards,

AKPT

former_member225044
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Donot keep the character's blank,

You can do like :

Purchase Org  SU20

Plant SU2A

Total Net Value > 0.00 USD

Stock Ageing "BLANK:    ( create Blank as one of the Character value)

Run rate : Blank      ( same as above create Blank value)

Based on these setting, you will trigger your earleir Purchase org or company code Release strategy.

If you have new company code/Purchase Org

Purchase Org  SU20

Plant SU2A

Total Net Value > 100 USD

Stock Ageing "  Show Value:   

Run rate : Show Value,

Here you will get Release for New Org also.

Thanks

sapman man

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have already release strategy for your company code, EITHER create a new release characteristic and add that to your old release class, and redesign  your release strategies OR use two release class for your PO to design new release strategy for your new company code. Refer

Regards,

Biju K

amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

You can go through a complete document on PO release strategry at

Please check the document and you might get your answer.

Regards,

Amit

simar_akmal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chris

• in ct04 For total net order value enter 0.00 value
  • rest of two characteristics don't leave blank

Regards

Simar