Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP IdM 7.2 SP9- Could not execute Task for any entry

deepakkg86
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

From yesterday suddenly none of our tasks are getting executed via IdM UI, We recently upgraded from SP8 to SP9 and everything was working smoothly post upgrade also but suddenly now we are getting error for all of our UI Tasks (Change data/ lock/unlock/role assignment etc) :" Could not execute Task <Task Name> for entry <Entry Value>"

However, I am able to do assignment /changes/lock/unlock/ password reset through mass jobs in MMC and that works well.

I also tried updating database again but with no success, Can you please help and advise troubleshooting steps to resolve this error ?

Regards

Deepak Gupta

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Did you also import / export the configuration to a new environment?

I'd suggest reviewing those workflows and the framework workflows.  I suspect something has changed.

• Make sure that all necessary tasks are public
  • Make sure all necessary action tasks have assigned dispatchers
  • Make sure that all necessary tasks have repositories set correctly (most of the time it should be "none / inherited"
  • Mae sure all necessary tasks are enabled
  • You might also need to check access controls on the workflow tasks, check the "On behalf of" part of the access control.

I've seen this type of behavior most often when doing import/export activity, but I suppose it could happen during an upgrade.  You should also review the upgrade log file for any issues.

Hope this helps,

Matt

saurabh_sharma19
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Matt ,

Thanks for your reply .

We were facing this issue because wrong IDMIC file was deployed .

This issue is resolved now.

Thanks&Regards,

Saurabh

Answers (0)