cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to setup unique storage type for In house GR and External GR?

0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We want to setup unique storage type for in house and external GR's.

I see the Mvt type 103 is used for both the flows (In house and External) for production orders.

How can we give separate storage type for In house and External?

Regards,

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

What I suggest you do is make a copy of mvt 101 (Z01) in WM and maintain the required Dest stype within the new movement. Then assign the new movement to the production order receipts (movement indicator F) viathe IM-WM interface (txn OMLR).

By doing this, production receipts will always be directed to the stype maintained within the 'Z'mvt where as external receipts will follow the configured placement strategies.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Srinivas,

Do you mean In-house Production and External Procurement ?

If Yes, then try creating two different WM Movement types for the IM Movement with the help of the Movement Indicator [B for Purchase Order, F for Production Order].

Thanks,

Sai Arala.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I really did not get your question,

As per My understanding , if you are using external GR (against PO) then warehouse movement will be 101, and if it is internal GR(against (order) then warehouse movement would be 103.

in second option, you can use special movement indicator.but you need to maintain material master also.

let me understand your question please.

Regards,

M Khan

0 Kudos

Hello Srinivas,

Please also consider to use "Special movement" indicator in the material master data level. With this indicator, you may assign a specific movement type based on your requirement and then indicate the expected storage type in the setting.

Please see details in following link:

Using Special Movement Indicators - Warehouse Management System (WMS) - SAP Library

Thank you & best regards,

Edward

balaji_ganesan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

In this case, I feel you need to make use of userexits to determine different storage types for the similar movement types. Please check the following wiki which provides information about the enhancements in WM ares:

ERP LE WM Customer Exits - ERP SCM - SCN Wiki

Thanks,
Balaji