Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Highlight the selected column

Dears,

I have a webi report using webi 4.1 SP5 that shows quarterly sales quantity per 3 countries.

First the user select the year.  Than I use CrossTable to show the result and the sum per both country and per quarter.

Second I added a pie chart to make the table result visually readable, when the user clicked on a quarter the result of the this quarter appears in the pie chart. (I use the table as a block,  and filter by quarter.)

everything is working fine. no issues.

My question is, the user want to highlight the selected column (the selected quarter while I have each quarter per column) to not get confused.

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hello Ilias,

Create an Dimension [QuarterFilter]=Substr(ReportFilterSummary();Pos(ReportFilterSummary();"Equal")+6;Length(ReportFilterSummary()))

Then Create another dimension that will check if the selected Quarter is same as what has been applied in filter.

[Check]= If [QuarterFilter]=[Quarter] Then 1 else 0

After that Go to Analysis tab under that select Conditional and create a new rule with Condition saying

Check equals to 1

And change the Background of the cell as shown in attached image.

Make sure your Quarter object returns the data in the same way that your Selection is giving and also to create this open report in Applet mode. once this is created you can take advantage in Web mode as well.

regards

Niraj

1 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question