Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does CTM consider Resource consumption of Process Orders

former_member906762
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

We have currently Process Orders and what we see in the Alerts is that the capacity is getting overloaded after the CTM run . But when we check CTM log the resource utilization is not overloaded.

So what i can think of is if CTM is considering the resource consumption for the process orders at all.

Ideally i would expect CTM to see that the for the process orders some amount of resources are consumed and hence plan with the rest of available capacity. Please correct me if i am wrong.

Regards,

Nick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

In addition to what Amol wrote above also check if the setting to take CTM run as finite has been checked in the CTM profile. CTM will overload the capacity if it is run in infinite planning mode.

Regards,

Subhash

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To answer your question, yes SNP/CTM does consider the capacity utilization of existing PPDS Planned Orders (assuming a valid PDS is utilized with a mixed resource) and for Production/Process orders.

Ken

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick

Generally , we defined demand and supply categories in CTM profile.

All the respective catagory orders would be considered in the CTM planning. I kindly request you to please cross check your CTM profile. It could be respective catagory has not defined in CTM profile.

Please let me us know if this information helps you.

Thanks

Amol