cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report comparison functionality

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all

I am facing an issue with report comparison fucntionality from cg50 which was not working with sap gui 740. It was working in versions lesser than 740.

Is there any oss released from sap for fixing this bug??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello mark & chris

Iam using latest version of local wwi verson which was identical with version of gen server

When i am using this funtionality in gui730 two comparison word windows in output which was working correctly.

But with gui740 only one word window was popping instead of two

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Balajee

i did not use this fucntionality since years (as it is not "very" useful if you have big changes in data/layout etc.) I can only remember that always only one "Word" was shown and never "two" words.

Assuming that you have the recent SAP version: may be start OSS dialog: I found no other OSS note which might be relevant in your case

C.B.

PS: therefore: sorry. I can not help on top

Mark-Pfister
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Balajee,

For me only word window opens (not linked into the SAP GUI) as well.

IT shows the change marks in the word document highlighting the differences:

Hope this helps

Mark

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Balaje

i have not used this functionality for long time. But this is the general story:

a.) the "real" comparison is done in "WWI" (if i remember correct)

b.) now any SAP GUI has (as part of installation) a WWI version. I would check the local WWI version and the WWI version on the generation server. It can happen that "conflict" can come up if WWI version are not identical (locally and on gen server)l; or if WWI report X (older one) has been generated with "older" WWI version than the new version

CG54 and CG50 should be have the same (in cg5t4 you can compare only "Released" and "Historical" documents)

I found only only "younger" OSS note 1986349 (created 2014); but this is not fitting; some is true for this OSS note: 2073442 (as well dated 2014)

Can you show soemthgin and explain in "detail" the issue?

C.B.

Mark-Pfister
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Balajee,

Most likely there is a fitting OSS note - but if you post no details on the error how should we know?

Kind Regars

Mark