cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage Indicator in sale order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i have a requirement that if usage Indicator in sale order is blank then system should not generate the inspection lot for delivery.

currently system generate   the inspection lot for delivery even usage indicator in sale order is blank.

Please help

Payal Gupta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Payel,

Please note that creation of Inspection lot for delivery is independent of SD configuration. If you have the Quality View and supporting master data (Ex; Inspection plan/MIC/UD...) available, then it will create inspection lot.

Before I propose any enhancements, please can you suggest what is your exact scenario? Are you expecting Inspection lots to be stopped form getting created at the time for Forward Delivery (based on usage indicator..) or related to Return delivery form customer (based on usage indicator..)? What is the inspection type you are using against this process?

Now, once you have an answer for the above questions, you can try using the below enhancements -

If the check for sales order is AKTIV, then while GR, do the below checks -

1. MBCF0005 - Material document item for goods receipt/issue slip

FM: EXIT_SAPM07DR_001 - Customer Function Exit: Material Document Item for GR/GI Doc

a) Find out what is the Inspection type being used for your material master + Plant combination.

b) Now for your material master + Plant + Inspection type combination reset the 'Active' indicator QMAT-AKTIV = BLANK.

In case if the ABAP breakpoint is not set there, please check the Inspection lot creating user Exit -

2. QPL10001 - QM: Inspection lot creation - editing work area on creation

FM: EXIT_SAPLQPL1_002 - Customer Function for Changing QALS Work Area

3. QBCK0003 - Extended QM check for goods receipt 

FM: EXIT_SAPLQBCK_003 - Enhanced QM Inspections at Goods Receipt

Try resetting the value I_QMAT_AKTIV = "Blank" for your condition, form QMAT-AKTIV = X.

NOTE: The intention here is to remove the AKTIV indicator check programmatically, so that when the program tries to check if Inspection lot needs to be created or not, this check fails and eventually it ends up NOT CREATING AN INSPECTION LOT.

Hope fully you can get support form your ABAP team to check these points.

Thanks,

Arijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arijit,

my requirement is for OB delivery.

i have assigned the Assigned Inspection Lot Origin to Delivery Type , Assigned Inspection Type to Delivery Category and maintained the inspection type 10 in material master.

when i create the sale order (VA01), i dont select any usage indicator but system create Inspection for.

in same case i want to create the inspection lot ( when i select the  usage indicator ) and same case i dont want to create the inspection lot (usage indicator is blank)..

Payal Gupta  

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Payel,

I already answered my thoughts on how we could try to achieve this. Please create a FRS and then work with ABAP team to get your business logic implemented.

Thanks,

Arijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arijit,

is it possible to stop the inspection lot for particular customer.

i want to stop the automatic creation of Inspection lot for same customer for same material.

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Payel,

Form the previously shared To-Be business process, there seems to be no additional control on QM side where SD order specific 'Usage Indicator' could control the creation of inspection lot at QM side. As I said earlier, if this is the already approved business case, you should check for new enhancement in the solution at GR/PGI. You need to get business SignOff on the solution proposed from SD side in that case. Try the above shared proposals for checking if that works.

BUT if you are willing to check for further control form QM side to support such a process, I think there is more standard way to influence the Inspection lot creation. But this means, there will be some changes needed to be adopted by SD side, for which you need again another business SignOff on To-Be process.

Here is the way you can think of to have better control on inspection lot generation -

1) Add Inspection type 10 in material master - QM view. Mark that inspection type as "Active".

2) Create QM Control Data in SD following the below path - Logistics => Quality Management => Quality Planning => Logistics Master Data => Quality Info Record: SD => QV51 - Create.

For the Customer & Sales Organization combination, create a new Info-record. Add Material number and for this material, it will propose the Quality Inspection condition. it has 3 options -

i) Before Delivery ---> This indicator will create inspection lot for delivery note if the inspection type is already added to material master QM view.  Here the inspection lot created will not have stock posting setup. PGI for delivery can only be posted only after UD is made to the inspection lot.

ii) After Delivery ---> This indicator will create inspection lot for delivery note if the inspection type is already added to material master QM view. PGI can be posted before UD in this case.

iii) By Customer ---> An inspection lot is not generated for the delivery note although this is required by the material control. ===> May be this is the choice you can use while creating QM Control Data in SD, for your specific condition.

Please check SAP Help for further details: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/0a/0ac453f57eb44ce10000000a174cb4/content.htm

Thanks,

Arijit