cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inferring value from Variant Table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to infer Characteristic value using variant table wherein for the Primary field I would like to use the value range. The inferred characteristic would have only single value however the input value what am passing to table should refer to the range.

For ex.

Input Characteristic: Required Weight = 160 Kg

Derived Characteristic: Type  = Type_A

Idea is to derive the value based on the Variant Table, as the no of values & relations result into huge data.

Issue is Required Weight can be anything from 150 to 170 Kg say - which practically can be any value in decimals - and should point to the same Type.

So I created a Variant Table like

Required Weight (Key)       Type

150-170 Kg                         Type_A

171-190 Kg                         Type_B

But when I try to derive the characteristic based on the 160 KG - system doesn't derive anything.

SAP documentation says this is not possible, am sure there should be certainly some workaround for this. Is anyone already aware about the approach to handle it. Appreciate your earliest guidance.

Best Regards

K

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Flavio
Active Contributor

Hi Kounteya,

A possible solution is to just use a procedure like the following, without a variant table.

So, assuming that your input characteristic is called REQ_WEIGHT and your output one is called TYPE, the dependency code should be something like this:

$self.TYPE = 'Type_A'  IF  $self.REQ_WEIGHT  IN  (150 - 170),

$self.TYPE = 'Type_B'  IF  $self.REQ_WEIGHT  IN  (171 - 190).

I hope this could be of some help.

Thanks and bye,

Flavio