cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

characteristics combination for item XXXXX/XXXX was not found

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

We need to set up product allocation check for a material-plant-sold-to-party, for which we set up the alloc.procedure in APO, the CVC's in APO and the Qty was set to 100 in Planning Book.

However when the ATP check happens for this Sales Order, it gives the error

What are we missing?

Rgds.

NK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

NK,

Can you see the CVC in question in the Product Allocation Group? (/SAPAPO/ATPQ_CHKCAR)?

Best Regards,

DB49

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DB,

The CVC's are visible in the Product Allocation Group.

Tried again today and got the same error again:

Characteristic combination of item was not found.

Rgds.

NK

Former Member
0 Kudos

NK,

Perform ATP.  In the Delivery Proposal screen, select Product allocations.  From the Product Allocation Result screen, select 'Characteristics Values'.  These data must match EXACTLY with the CVCs contained in your Product Allocation Group.  Beware of issues with leading zeros.

Also, I notice you are using collective characteristics with wild cards, which is OK.  However, this requires that you have run /SAPAPO/ATPQ_COLLECT to ensure that the collective characteristics are created so as to be consistent with your configuration.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DB,

I did that, but it never goes there.

The moment I click on ATP check icon it gives that error:

Are the CVC's wrongly created?

Rgds.

NK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DB,

One more thing I noticed, the sales orders though visible in SNP planning books in APO is not populated in the Product Allocation Books.

Shouldn't the orders be present in the "Incoming Order Quantity" KeyFigure here?

What's missing?

Rgds.

NK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi NK,

Looks like CVC need to be created for your substitution product 15324.

Thanks, Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

NK,

Are the CVC's wrongly created?

Probably.  It appears that you just manually created this CVC, with no regard to the logic of collective characteristics. 

Looking at the names of the materials, I will assume that this is not a productive system.

For inital testing, until you have successfully executed your first Product allocation check, you should always create at least one CVC which has ALL characteristics populated with the actual data that appears in the 'test' sales doc (no collective characteristics). I suggest you start here. 

In general, 'wild cards' should always appear at the end of the CVC, never in the middle, when you display in .//ATPQ_CHKCAR.

Best Regards,

DB49