cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to call standard Maintain services from ByD/C4C in the SDK?

Jacques-Antoine
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Helly my dear SAP community,

I am facing very weird issues with web services from ByDesign where I am trying to call ByD from itself.

My use case:

- I want to integrate exchange rates from several banks

- I am using REST APIs in order to get the data into the SDK (No issue for getting the data from the bank)

- Then, as the ExchangeRate BO is not PSM released, the only way we can update them is through the standard web service ManageExchangeRateIn

- This is the issue

I created an External Service integraiton in the SDK. This .wsid is made of the standard WSDL of the ManageExchanteRateIn.

I created a communication scenario with both web services (the standard inbound and my custom outbound).

When I try my service in SOAP UI, no issue, however I am not able to succeed in the SDK. I always get errors when I "test the service operations".

I am bored of this, I spent more hours trying to find how to make this work than to code the whole solution.

Finally my question:

is there an easy way to call the standard services of ByD in the SDK?

To my knowledge, there is no functionality for that.

And when I try to create an Internal Communicaton, it crashes (certainly because it is not PSM released.)

Same if I try to create my own service on the ExchangeRate BO, it tells me that it is not PSM released.

Web services from ByD are easy to consume in external applications, it should be the in the SDK.

Thank you all for your attention.

Best regards,

Jacques-Antoine Ollier

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186648
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the BO is not PSM released then you could update it only via webservice using external service integration.

Could you debug the ABSL where you are calling the webservice and see what error you are getting?

Thanks, Pradeep.