Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPM Checkboxes Disappear:When pointing at a checkbox

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

After upgrade to PPM 6.1 we are facing yet another weird issue. The issue is that in PPM cProject screen we have some checkboxes and when I bring my pointer to select or un-select the check box, it just disappears as shown below:

Could you please suggest me what is wrong here and what can be done to fix it.

Best Regards

Saurabh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Saurah,

I know exactly what you are talking about...we had a similar issue. Unfortunately I don't know exactly what we did to resolve this, but can share some information and perhaps this will help...

In our scenario the issue seemed to be environmental - i.e. we experienced this in our PRD environment and not in DEV/QA. We found that the portal themes were different and in our case that the SAP Tradeshow Plus theme did not have this issue, but that the SAP CORBU theme did. We reset the SAP Tradeshow Plus theme and via Portal (which is what we use) have not had this issue again. Interestingly we are running the latest Corbu theme in our 6.1 internal system and do not have this issue there (but we are using NWBC there). We also had to restart the portal environment where we experienced the issue

So to summarise...I am still not sure as to exact root cause of this but it seems to be Portal specific and Basis did some tests and changes (including the theme change). I therefore suggest you have a look at this area. Logging an incident with SAP would also be a good idea

Please update this thread when you do find a solution as it would be useful to know what causes this

Thanks and regards,
Charl

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chatsworth,

Thanks for your response.

Actually, I tried the way you suggested like changing the theme and restarting the EP and PPM portal and tried it again but unfortunately it dint work out.

If you could recall what exactly was changes and how then probably it would be of more help for me.

However,I have raised as OSS ( no #285599) to SAP . I will update here what SAP has to say on it.

Best Regards

Saurabh

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chatsworth ,

Would like to update that, this issue is fixed by applying new theme to our portal .

But, I'm willing to know more details like how portal theme can be applied and how can I view theme details or the way to change it?

Any information on this will be very helpful.

Thanks & Best Regards

Saurabh

hanspeterbaier
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

I think the best place to get portal know-how is the Enterprise Portal Space on SCN. Theme Designing and especially portal issue management is a very vast and complex area.

If you have the portal authorizations, you can find the portal theme editor under: Content Administration >> Portal Display >>Theme Editor.

There are several opportunities depending on your used portal framework page (Classical, AJAX, Unified) which editor can be used (AJAX Theme Studio).

Sometimes, when upgrading the custom theme CAN get corrupted. I recognized in the past, that entering the custom theme and saving the custom theme again may resolve theme issues.

br,

Peter

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Peter,

Actually , I am suspicious about what if we want to get back to our old custom themes because in coming future we will be going with custom theme as it contains our company logo and system environment details in it. And the problem came when we upgraded our kernel with latest patch because it brought default 'Corbu' theme with it and it got imbibed into our custom theme.

So, could you please suggest what we can do to fix this?

Best Regards

Saurabh

hanspeterbaier
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

as I understand your portal issues (in general, not only this SCN post) that they affect your PPM environment in terms of rendering, display issues, and so on.

If you run PPM in a portal environment - and what I see from your screenshot you are running the AJAX Framework Page - the portal theming has tremendous influence on the rendering of PPM.

There are two stylesheets that have influence on the rendering => the portal stylesheet AND the ABAP stylesheet. In a normal way - and that is very important - the portal stylesheet and the ABAP stylesheet should have the same release/patch level, because in most cases you patch your ABAP/Backend environment and the portal environment.

In some cases, especially when getting the advice from SAP to upgrade your rendering with so called "unified rendering" notes, the stylesheets get different patch levels.

I'm not aware what was the suggestion by SAP and if your patched ABAP and Portal stylesheets (or Portal hotfixes), but my suggestion is if you want to go with your old "sap tradeshow (plus)" theme instead of "sap corbu" that you 'decouple' portal display from rendering:

- There is an option in every iView to use 'portal stylesheets' or not. If you don't use portal stylesheet the application runs the ABAP stylesheet patched with unified rendering and ignores portal stylesheet issues (e.g. corrupted stylesheets, outdated stylesheets).

- Especially in PPM when coming from your dashboards (INM_WORKCENTER_APP) there is a stylesheet for dashboards but not for the opened projects out of your dashboard. This is done via a separate iView which is located inside the ERP common parts (has to be installed on your portal machine). As PPM is launched via launchpad-configuration (LPD_CUST) there is an equivalent iView every project is routed to => lpd_start_wd_abap.

If you want to ignore portal stylesheet rendering you have also to 'modify' this SAP standard iView to "use portal stylesheet = no".

br,

Peter

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Peter,

That was awesome explanation.

It has raised some doubts on my mind.

1. What is unified rendering and what's its relationship with PPM? I have created a thread for that too if you can explain please:

2. " .. that you 'decouple' portal display from rendering:" What does that mean,could you please explain? 'Rendering' is actually a confusing word for me here.

3.  "There is an option in every iView to use 'portal stylesheets' or not. If you don't use portal stylesheet the application runs the ABAP stylesheet patched with unified rendering and ignores portal stylesheet issues (e.g. corrupted stylesheets, outdated stylesheets)."

Could you please tell me where these iviews are maintained and how can I verify them before and after changing or to know which iview is applicable for which screen? Another thread is opened by me for this discussion:

Especially in PPM when coming from your dashboards (INM_WORKCENTER_APP) there is a stylesheet for dashboards but not for the opened projects out of your dashboard. This is done via a separate iView which is located inside the ERP common parts (has to be installed on your portal machine). As PPM is launched via launchpad-configuration (LPD_CUST) there is an equivalent iView every project is routed to => lpd_start_wd_abap.

If you want to ignore portal stylesheet rendering you have also to 'modify' this SAP standard iView to "use portal stylesheet = no"

How can I reach to both the iviews which you explained here?

Thanks & Best Regards

Saurabh

hanspeterbaier
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

i try to write down a few words on these points not discussed in other threads.

ad 2)

What I mean with 'decoupling' is, that all PPM WebDynpro content can use the ABAP stylesheet instead of the portal stylesheet. So I didn't articulate that in an exact way. The rendering is done by the UR engine/lightspeed engine, but the usage of the stylesheet is different.

This can be set in the iViews with 'use portalstylesheet = NO/YES'

ad 4)

Have a look to my answer in

I have tried to show you the way to the original iViews (content by SAP). With a right click you can open these iViews and look at all the possible settings/customizing of this iView. The settings are different and depend on the iView type. The PPM iViews are all WD iViews - as I can remember off the top of my head.

br,

Peter

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

SAP has forwarded this issue to SAP developer team.

If you can also add something on this, please add here.

Best Regards

Saurabh

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are in discussion with SAP via OSS but no luck so far

SAP suggested note 2118155 for this issue but still no luck... We are still in discussion on this issue.

Anyone has any other suggestion, kindly suggest.

Best Regards

Saurabh

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Please let me know if you need more information on that.

BR

Saurabh

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Any pointers on this Experts?

BR

Saurabh